stephen nulty

BICC & Prescot

My dad's cousin was married to a lovely man who worked at BICC,  back in the 60s/70s.  His name was Jim Mee.

I used to know a Jim Mee in the 1960s. He lived at the top of Moss Bank. However he worked at Triplex, not BICC. He was the brother of Mickey Mee, a well known St Helens barber

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know very much about Jim's family but he and his wife  Jess actually lived in Prescot. I think Jim's father was also a James.  Son Jim would be around 50 in 1970. It is an unusual name which I had never come across before.

Edited by Phoebe

The Jim Mee I knew would have been about 64 in 1967 when I started at Triplex. He was a senior foreman and retired a year later. He was a very keen gardener

Both my mother and my father worked there in the 60's in the computer department. My mum was a punchcard operator and my father was something in IT. He wasn,t from around the area though.  Does anyone know anybody who worked there around 1966?

Holli

I worked in the Computer Department from 1977 to 1986. What were your parents names? I have a picture somewhere of the computer programmers on their training course in 1966

Hi Stephen and thanks for your esponse. My mother at the time was called Marie Bufton. I have no idea who my father is except he worked there and that's how he and my mother met. He was from Barnsley or Bradford ad was a bit older than my mum so he would have been around his mid twenties in 1965/66. He and my mother were engaged but it didn't work out. Mum died when I was quite young so I didn't get the opportunity yo ask about him.