Sign in to follow this  
steve.

List Of Photography Sites

I will pin this for reference Steve.

• Like (+1) 1

Bloody'ell Ste, i think you've covered enough till next millenium.

Tha nos me pee i love me cameras and any info that'll improve my worth.

Some links were not working or dead so I've edited the above list.

It's good to see you posting again Ste :)

Yeah, Good to see you back Ste.

My brother recently joined a photo site on which you can win competitions. Some of the pictures on sthelens-connect would have a very good chance of winning.

https://gurushots.com/

• Like (+1) 1

whats all the moans recently over photobucket.cos when gone on some foto threads here seen them stopped.Believe theyre screwing you by asking for money etc?

I haven't seen this happen (with Photobucket) on any photo topics yet. Can you 'report' any that have been affected.

I'm using Photobucket at the moment as having hiccups with Flickr.

In Photobucket i have an add popping up now and again asking to pay to go add free but i just click the X

added 2 minutes later

Otherwise its fine.

Apparently Photobucket has been as it was for about 14 years - allowing people to embed whatever whenever. It's changed owners a few times, with News Corp/Fox being amongst them between 2007 and 2009. I remember not much liking the idea of Murdoch owning it, but then they never did anything like this. So anyway, it's been going all this time and then suddenly without any warning they want people to spend $399.99 per year in order to be able to embed on forums, blogs and websites, etc. It's all a bit sudden, but what makes it worse is that although they say that you can still download your pictures (y'know, in order to move them to somewhere else), the link for downloading an album rarely works, or even if you go in in FTP (as I can with a paid account) you find that your pictures aren't in the directories/folders where they're supposed to be and they're full of useless symlinks to some location to which you don't have any access.

remember the days when you clicked your Brownie,got a few blurred,head missing fotos and still wasted money to print those that hadnt turned out.

Any idea Dave or anyone else about what's going on with Flickr?

I can send a picture to Flickr from my phone via the Flickr app but when using laptop i cant even get to sign in.It's been like this for me for a few days now..very frustrating.

Have you tried deleting cookies or using a different browser? 

I have Dave and i always do.I'm using chrome and had no problems until these last few days.

I have now read other people are having the same problem..ill suss it somehow,got to. ;)

Robbob, what is the problem with Photobucket, I can still use it.

eg

DSCF4778_zpskvpacuio.jpg

HORT,IVE JUST READ YOUR RESPONSE AND IT SHOWS A SCREEN FOTO ASKING YOU  TO  UPDATE ACCOUNT  TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING 

FOR IMPORTANT INFO GO TO .www.photobucket.com/P500.This may help.

It wasn't like that when I put it on.

So I will have to leave PB.

added 16 minutes later

I am just glad I kept my photos on my 'puter and backed them up on external hard drive.

I know some people who have not.

• Like (+1) 1

I have mine backed up Hort but ive got to sort this Flickr out or ill move to Dropbox..any good other sites to post from?

added 7 minutes later

I really haven't had time to sort things out.

I wish there was more hours in a day.

Sign in to follow this