Sign in to follow this  
warringtonsaint

Parish Church Junior School

Have you ever tried checking out Friends Reunited to see if there's any mention on there,

I was at Parish Chuech 1961-65 and still have my "Leaving Certificate " signed by all the staff

Whoops -- Just realised I got my dates seriously wrong here-- it was 1956-60;

60-65 I was at Cowley

Edited by Graham

I left Parish Church in 1957 and have a photo of all the girls it is signed on

the back by Mr Leivesley and Mr Myers sure his name was George!!! remember Miss Kendrick and sure there was a Mr Tabern.

tonkatoy1 Margaret Oldham is on the photo but sadly I cant put it on connect for you SORRY.

The teachers I remrmber were

Miss/Mrs? Green

John Millington

Miss Bradbury

Ruth Kendrick

Fred Swift

Miss Bromilow

and of course George ("Mickey") Myers

I at Parish Church from 1964 until 1966 then we moved I was Sharon Bowler in same class as Kevin jackson and remember Mickey Myers used to tell the worst jokes ever my dad used to always call bad jokes a micky myers, was heartbreaking to see him as an old man years later when I was nursing. i also remember going to school next door for lunch.

I was at parish church from 78, mr Millington and miss Batten was still there when i was, although the head master was mr Ellis then.

I remember too going to Holy cross for dinner, lol the kids used to scowl at us, they hated Parish Churchers.

My mum also went there, i don't know what years exactly, her name was Susan Gosset and she lived in central street, she had a brother called Roy,does anyone remember them?

We also lived next door to the Prescotts in Birchley street if its the same ones, was the dad called Jack and the too younger girls Ann and Cathy?

Hi tonkatoy1

dont know if this is the right place to put this, had a bit of tuition on how to do this. Fingers crossed.

Back rOW

? ? ? ? Marjorie Bonney ?Margaret Williams ? ? ? Connie Saunders ?

middle row

? ? ? ? ? barbara! MARGARET OLDHAM ? ? ? ? ?

front row

Christine Fisher Pamela Fairclough ? ? ? Shiela Morris ? ? ? Susan Hill Rosemary Davies ? ? post-6332-0-23672500-1332799362_thumb.jpg

That's a great photo Nannypam.

There is also one on The Schools list, not sure what year it is though.

Oh just found it on the Photos section, says approx 52-53.

http://www.sthelens-..chools.php?s=42

Edited by Phyll

We used to go to Gerads bridge for dinner, I only went the week my grandmother died hated the dinners used to go home to Shaw st.

Hi does anyone remember the Oldham's? Barbara, Margaret, Janet, Geoffrey? From Folds Lane they had a pig farm

I saw Barbera the other day as she was walking alng Haresfinch Road - I was in same class - she's hardly changed

Those happy days at school,I remember them well,

Trousers with holes in,Shoes with the soles hanging off

shirt with bean and egg stains down the front,,

Dont know how he got the Headmasters job,,,.

Ha Ha, Good one Skyman. roflanim.gif

Except all my Headmistresses were Nuns!

The only Soles they had, was us poor Souls! ohyeah.gif

It wouldn't have looked good a Nun walking around like that LOLnoway.gif

some of them had dirty habits,,,,,,

That's a great photo and my wife is on it.She doesn't want to be known but I will get a lot of the missing names from her. One thing that strikes me is that there are 37 girls on that photo and my wife insists that their classes were mixed. She recognises all the girls but I can't imagine that classes of 80 odd kids were taught in those days. enlighten me someone!

We were put in what you called standards,a class photo would consist of three standards in one classroom,in 1963 I was in with girls born in 1948,1949 and 1950.These particular schools were infant,junior and senior classes,hope that explains it for you.

Yes they were mixed classes I think there were two classes same age and were probably selected on academic performance to which class you were put in, like we were in senior school A, B, C. Anyway thats thats my guess. Give us a clue to your wife, is she one I,ve named.

She'll kill me but she is middle rowe fifth from left. Joan Livingston but don't tell her that I told you, OK!

Hi everyone and yes I certainly havfe memories of Parish Church Junior School. I left around 1969/70 and Mickey Myers was the head. I had a double dose of him as I went to the Parish Church Sunday School as well. Because we went to the Sunday School we also HAD to attend the Tuesday night school club as well so there was no getting away from it lol. Some names I remember was Christine Bickerstaffe, Pamela Glover, Gillian Leigh, Michael Galvin, Alan Swift and these are just a few. I remember getting the cane on two occasions the first was for grabbing one of the boys jumpers while playing tick and the second was because we were not allowed to hang around the shool gate and as I came back from lunch (Holy Cross School) the lads kept on pushing me out of the playground and we were all laughing when Mickey came around the corner and shouted..Susan Glynn get to my room..the rest as they say is history. By the way Mrs Ashley is still with us and she did a computer course and I was the teacher so talk about tables turned..happy times.

I was at Parish Church from about 1951 to 1957. I remember Mr Tabern, who used to throw the chalk (and sometimes the board duster) at us. He gave us all nicknames - "Piggy" Bacon, "Porky" Pie, "Gus" Harris among others. He always used to call me Eileen Dover - I was a few years older before I realised the joke! Also remember Miss Bradbury, who I hated. We used to go to Gerrards Bridge for school dinners and woe betide you if you left anything. She used to have you in the school hall afterwards and make you stand in groups, depending on how much food you had left, and then give you a good telling off in front of everybody. My mum said I often used to go home with cabbage in my pockets. Happy days, eh?

LOL, "Cabbage in my pockets". That's funny Eileen. ohyeah.gif

I went to Gerrards Bridge, but I didn't stay for Lunch, I used to go to my Auntie Marys in Victoria Street.

Glad now, might have got told off too! ohyeah.gif

Edited by Phyll

PHYLL when you went to victoria st for lunch was her husband called BILL

PHYLL when you went to victoria st for lunch was her husband called BILL FOSTER

Hi Jeb, Who my Auntie Mary? No I think it was Mary Hill/Harmon married to Robert Harmon.

Still figuring out the Family Tree, wish I'd have asked my Mum more.