Sign in to follow this  
riggers

football

If we are talking about the old St.Helens comcbination side,They we not a bad team,however Prescot Celtic had the most success from say 1964 to 1974.One of my cousins was involved with Clock for years.His name is Les Bannister.

Guest bobhill
If we are talking about the old St.Helens comcbination side,They we not a bad team,however Prescot Celtic had the most success from say 1964 to 1974.One of my cousins was involved with Clock for years.His name is Les Bannister.

Knew Les well Geoff didn't he live off Gartons Lane.

He used to knock about town with us and he went to Cuthies didn't he?

Guest oneunitedfan

Other good teams Names Like, British Sidac, Greenalls FC, Holy Cross FC, Holy Trinity FC, Beechams FC ,Penlake& Pilkingtons to name but a few. The combination is now in its 87th year, having been formed in 1917

Your right Bob he was from From Forest road on the Manor,his Mum worked on the Manor pit brew with My Mum during the war.Parr Ammies was another club,Hen and Chickens,Prescot Rangers.Great to see its still going.

Guest oneunitedfan

The Hen and Chickens was the dirtiest team around when I played the Bones brothers Eric and Eddy, Paddy Morley, Ray Davis to name a few every time we played them only 8 lads would show up lol

I watched the hospital cup final at town ground way back in 1975,it was on Boxing Day.Prescot Celtic beat the Hen and Chickens 4-2,always remember Prescot had a black lad playing right full back he literally took them on on his own.

Is Prescot Celtic a re-named Prescot Cables?

Guest bobhill
Is Prescot Celtic a re-named Prescot Cables?

Think so Voll

Played in Hope Street Prescot

Prescot Celtic are not related to Prescot Cables.Celtic was formed in the 1960's when Brier road youth club in Prescot was kicked out of the Huyton league.Prescot Rangers was a offshoot of Celtic.Prescot Cables who changed their name to Prescot town in the 1970's play at Hope Street,they changed back to Cables in 2001.Prescot BICC now play as Prescot Leisure.Prescot Celtic moved from their home ground of Browns Field in Prescot to holt Lane in Rainhill and changed to ''The holt hotel'' which is now defunct.

Its amazing that I still keep up with the local football scene,St.Helens produced some very good amateur sides over the years.

Guest oneunitedfan

and some good players Sammy Lynn, Bert Redwood, Bill Foulkes, Tommy O’Neil (Man Utd), Derek Hennin ( Bolton ) Ray Ranson, Gary Owen (Man City), John Connelly (Burnley & Man Utd), Eric Moore (Everton) Bill Pilling, Alan A’Court(Liverpool), Geoff Nulty ( Everton & Newcastle),

Mick Davock, Jim (Packy) Morris (Stackport C), John Quinn (Sheff W) to name a few & not forgetting those who have gone on to play in senior non-league football

Clock Face was one of the best teams in st helens during the 1950's to 1960's they won the league a few times during that period. The team that i captained was; tommy Aston, Jimmy Griffiths, Ray Liptrot, Joh Gallagher, Freddie Scott, John Farrar, Bernard Martin, Ernie Patterson, Malcom Ormrod, Harry Whitall, Rob Jones.However, we n3ver won the Martin Cup. Later I played for Black Brook what a team we won everthing. Other good teams of that era were; greenalls, Holy trinity, Bold Miners, Holy Cross, Parr. Happy days

I was coach of the St Helens open age combination team that beat Kirby in the Lancashire Cup we had some fantastic players my Captain was Jackie Rennie the goal keeper the football manager was Dick Wareham the final was played at the Vulcan ground Newton

Don't forget St Helens produced a World Cup winner John Connelly