Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneunitedfan

mods skinheads

I remember all the names and most of the events that incident at the court school of dancing was carried out by The Nutgrove Boys ,I was there, the Westside didn't get involved really.

I went to Billinge as well that was between St helens Skins and Scouse Scouter Boys and a carryover from a incident in Southport , the scousers took a hiding that night

Does anyone remember Buffs and St Teresa's

Anyone remember Smeller from Sutton? Not that he stunk or owt, his surname must have been something like it.. I recall those days very well with gang and street fights, but not being a violent or pugilistic person, I would prefer not to partake, but you couldn't let yer mates think you were chicken so a scrap in Sherdley park was arranged..there must have been about 40 of us to take on Smellers Suttoners, but they never turned up.. Phewww thank fk for that!

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone remember the Ammies?

SoZ Hort, but who was the Ammies? Was they feared by all over St H?

I think there were from Gerards Bridge

Reet Then, That'll this should sort it out...Who wuz the chicken shits? I reckon it wuz the Suttoners, cuz smeller didn't change his underpants..

So Get this, If anyone wants a fkng punch up..weel all meet outside Barclays bank, so we can all claim.. laugh.png

• Like (+1) 1

the gang wars between st.helens & wigan were due to a young wigan fan being killed after a saints wigan game,(think he was pushed under a bus or summat).

there was a showdown in billinge where one st.helens lad lifted a gravestone and smashed it over a wiganners head.i also remember thats when benny the hatchet got his name.although i don,t condone this behaviour it cleared the air between the two towns for a short while.

Sorry but thats nonsense

Smick - did you use to knock about with Cuth, Pete Eccles and others?

• Like (+1) 1

I have to say that although I found all of these post thoroughly interesting, I've never heard of any of these characters in my long life.

As a teenager in the seventies I remember most of the skin heads hung around the bridge hotel and Liverpool arms,i remember jedder the guy who spray painted his name everywhere and his mate whitey,they were skins.

Yes I did mate ,do I know you?

bloody hell another smick on here,but i think i was a little bit b4 you.i packed motorbikes in, in 1972 werent convenient any more with a wife and nipper.

Yes but I'm the real Smick ! no motorbikes here

Yes but I'm the real Smick !

Edited by smick1

On 23/02/2013 at 4:43 PM, Greenbanker said:

Stephen. I know/knew all of those lads.

Lack tragically commited suicide while still in his teens.

I met and married a girl from Prescot not longer after all of this. Walking through Prescot and drinking in the pubs at the time was an uneasy experience for me.

I remember them too, I lived in the Float Inn in the 60s, and went to Eddy Camp school

added 24 minutes later
On 23/02/2013 at 0:13 PM, stephen nulty said:

I remember it well. Noggin, Ste Ford, Kenny Parr, Stan Venables, John Muldoon, Chris Lack/Laycock (?) and others.

Used to go to the Disco upstairs in the Legion as well.

I lived in Eldon Street at the time, but when we moved back to Prescot in early 1972, I got a good hiding off the Prescot lads who didn't exactly welcome me back with open arms !!

Happy Days :)

I remember those chaps as well, I used to live in the float inn on Liverpool Rd in the 60's I also used to go to the Disco upstairs in the Legion

I lived in Nutgrove in the 60s & 70s, and knew Cuthy Ched, Yozzer Wrighy etc Peter Eccles lived in Easington rd had a brother Robert their dad was a coal man he use to take us all to watch Saints matches home and away, Shawy was a skin from town i think was an apprentice at Capper Neills same time as me, Another Skin was Stotty from Rainhil he worked with us at Cappers as well I myself was 'hippie' but got on well with them all.Smeller and co were Red Rose Rockers from Sutton used to wear Yellow & Black Checked helmets.

On 14/07/2016 at 14:48, stephen nulty said:

I'm in regular contact with pee eccles