Sign in to follow this  
Joanie the 2Cv lover

Rigby family

Hi this is my first time on this site, i have just found my family and they come from ;) st helens, cud i ask for you to look up some for me ;)

what i have is :

thomas rigby born 1843 he married sarah taylor born 1849..they had 4 children i think..john..mary ann..maria..martha.

john born 1886..married margaret haines born 1868..they had maybe 9 children :..thomas - edward - harold - harry - william - hilda - emily - john - alfred.

this is all i have been able to find out, as my father left me when i was 3yrs him being a rigby who was born in liverpool, he was the son of the last john and i just found he had died in australia, his son contacted me from there..any help with birth dates or where they cud be buried..thanks Joanie

Hello Joanie, welcome to the site :) Unfotunately these dates are too late to be covered by the fiche I have on the St Helens Register, which only goes up to 1812 for bapt and bur and 1837 for marr. Have you tried looking at the index for the bapt, marr and bur from 1837 onwards? There is an index at St Helens Central Library and lots of big libraries and when you have the index ref you can send for the bapt marr or bur cert.

Hi I have found a John Rigby Married at St Helens Parish Church to Margaret Haines on 16/01/1895. Hartington

Hi, the Harold you have mentioned is my Great Great Grandfather (I think/hope), he was born in 1889 in St Helens. The only one in this area at the time, do you think it could be him?

thomas rigby born 1843 he married sarah taylor born 1849..they had 4 children i think..john..mary ann..maria..martha.

Is this from 1881 census, 4 Watery Lane Sutton?

Thomas head b 1843

Sarah wife b 1842

John son b 1867

Mary Ann dau b 1874

Maria dau b 1876

Martha dau b 1879