1837 online.....

splus
    By splus,
    ..have now indexed all births, marriages, deaths from 1837 to 1866.

ABBOTT, watchmakers in Eccleston and Prescot.

val
    By val,
    Has anyone come across a birth or bapt of a Nathan Abbott born c1800? He claims on censuses to have been born in Prescot. He turns up as a watchmaker at Gaskells Farm in Whiston on 1841 census. He moved into Prescot and lived their until his death at 73. He was part of a clan of successful watchmakers and seems connected by first name to watchmakers in the 1700s in Farnworth and Warrington but cant find his birth on Prescot, Prescot chapels, St Helens, St Helens Ind Chapel, Farnworth, Cronton,

Ellen BARNES married James NAYLOR 1822 Winwick ..

private person
    By private person,
    I might have the maiden name of my 3rd Great grandmother but HOW do I prove it??   I have been looking for a long time for ELLEN NAYLOR nee UNKNOW maiden name..   Ellen UNKOWN br abt 1798 [says br Prescot on the census's] married a JAMES NAYLOR[ br Sutton St Helens abt 1782 ] sometime[ maybe not] befor the birth of 1st know child JAMES NAYLOR br according to the 1841 census either 1821 or 1822 ..all the census info I have for James the son show him br in Sutton..   Now this is what I f

Name interests in St. Helens

Guest dgornall
    By Guest dgornall,
    Hello there I am new to this forum. I have been reearching the following names in and around St. Helens:   Gornall: they moved to St. Helens cir 1849, moving down from Preston and Leyland.   Porter: from cir 1844 around Windle area, previous to this thought to be from Prescot.   Almond: cir 1811 in Billinge, 1844 in and around Windle.   There are other secondary names connected with these but I have only scant information on them.   Regards Denis Gornall

Knowles Family in St Helens.

Lyn
    By Lyn,
    Tracing Chesworths from Prescot / Parr / Haydock.   Knowles in St Helens. / Haydock.     Main family members   William Knowles m Clara Sanders 1871   Samuel Knowles m Jane Chesworth 1998   Mary Belfield m Isaac Roberts 1896   Herbert Knowles m Gertrude Roberts 1931   All in the Prescot area.  

BOTTEL FAMILY IN ST HELENS

The Undertaker
    By The Undertaker,
    Looking for information for an ANGELO BOTTEL (BOTTLE) born 1855 in St Helens. He married a Caroline ? I suspect sometime before 1876 when his first child Thomas was born. There are seven other children, information on any of these would be appreciated. He appears in both the 1881 & 1901 Census lists.

WHITE/POTTER

val
    By val,
    I recieved the marriage cert for my gt grandparents Thomas Potter and Mary White this morning. They were living at Moorflat, St Helens on marriage - Marys White family had lived there since mid 1700s and I have the Potter family living at Moorflat on 1841 census. Marys family seemed to go to the Methodist and Independent churches. The cert has Thomas and Mary marrying on 29 October 1861 at St Bartholemews Chapel Rainhill according to the Roman Catholic Church. It has triggered a memory (or I

St Catherine Index

val
    By val,
    The St Catherine Index can be viewed in three ways - the original books at the Family Records Centre London, on microfilms, and on fiche cards. When I was in St Helens last week I had an hour to spare and popped into the St Helens Archive, the fiche readers were free so I asked if I could look at the St Catherine Index on a fiche reader. The archivist told me the Index is only on microfilm and none are available anywhere on fiche cards. I was unable to convince her even though I used the cards

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.