CAN ANYBODY TELL ME

margaret2r
    By margaret2r,
    I am totally confused about buying 'census records' and 'micro fiche' I have purchased a 'census page' how do you get the complete census ? How do you VIEW a FICHE ? Is this done on a computer ?? I am taking computer classes starting next week and will most likely buy one. I am just too limited to what I can do on this Webtv. and I feel such a nuisance aking people to do things for me. You have all bee great :king: Thanks, Margaret

BROWN family

rayles
    By rayles,
    Hi I am trying to trace my fathers family who, acording to the 1901 census, lived in New House Lane, St Peters Parr, St Helens. My fathers name was James Brown born 1899 who had a brother Edward and a sister called Lucy born 1896. James moved to Norwich after leaving the Army in 1918 and married a local woman called Lilian Mann and sttled there until his death in the 1970's. My grandfather was Edward and grandmother was called Thereza.Brown.   raymond.brown450@ntlworld.com

ASHALL

margaret2r
    By margaret2r,
    There is a MARTHA ASHALL in the same grave as my grandfather ROGER JOHNSON at Windleshaw Abbey grave #226..Martha died 26 Sept.1916 aged 69 Anyone have any clues who she may be related to ?

early church magazines.

val
    By val,
    While rooting around a remote cold damp room in the church in Hitchin I found editors copies of parish magazines made into hard back books from 1883 until 39-45 war. They contain the full names and dates of people bapt marr and bur from the church. They published lists of people for things ranging from people giving money to the people manning stalls at fetes. There are also interesting articles from the church members about church matters and also current events and past history of the area. I

FITCHEL or FITCHER

liz
    By liz,
    Hi, The father of my 4th great grandfather James Sephton b1812 in Burtonwood born illegitimately appears to be James Fitchel. The only other record I can find that may be related to James Fitchel is his christening in 1766 as James Fitcher Thomas Fitcher and Ellen unknown.   Please get in touch if you share the connection or can throw anylight on what happened to this line.   Thanks, Liz.

FORSTER

liz
    By liz,
    My 4th great grandfather Robert Forster was christened in 1812 in St Helens and buried in 1882 in Burtonwood. Please get in touch if you think there may be a connection.   Thanks, Liz.

HEWITT

liz
    By liz,
    Hi,   I'm researching the Hewitt Family in Burtonwood. My starting family are William Hewitt b abt 1842 in Lowton who married Betsy Forster from Burtonwood. They then proceeded to raise a family of 11 children in Burtonwood.   Please get in touch to share information if your researches may overlap in any way,   Thanks, Liz.

EARLAM family in St Helens

liz
    By liz,
    Hi,   I'm researching the Earlam family mainly from Cheshire, but one branch moved to St Helens and had their children here around 1860-1880. Please get in touch if you have any Earlam's in your tree so we can exchange information.   Thanks,   Liz.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.