BOTTEL FAMILY IN ST HELENS

The Undertaker
    By The Undertaker,
    Looking for information for an ANGELO BOTTEL (BOTTLE) born 1855 in St Helens. He married a Caroline ? I suspect sometime before 1876 when his first child Thomas was born. There are seven other children, information on any of these would be appreciated. He appears in both the 1881 & 1901 Census lists.

WHITE/POTTER

val
    By val,
    I recieved the marriage cert for my gt grandparents Thomas Potter and Mary White this morning. They were living at Moorflat, St Helens on marriage - Marys White family had lived there since mid 1700s and I have the Potter family living at Moorflat on 1841 census. Marys family seemed to go to the Methodist and Independent churches. The cert has Thomas and Mary marrying on 29 October 1861 at St Bartholemews Chapel Rainhill according to the Roman Catholic Church. It has triggered a memory (or I

St Catherine Index

val
    By val,
    The St Catherine Index can be viewed in three ways - the original books at the Family Records Centre London, on microfilms, and on fiche cards. When I was in St Helens last week I had an hour to spare and popped into the St Helens Archive, the fiche readers were free so I asked if I could look at the St Catherine Index on a fiche reader. The archivist told me the Index is only on microfilm and none are available anywhere on fiche cards. I was unable to convince her even though I used the cards

Sturgeon Family

Guest JC999
    By Guest JC999,
    Trying to trace surviving relatives of the Sturgeon family who emigrated from Ireland to St Helens in 1840. The family of George & Eliza Sturgeon (nee Wolfe) first lived in the garden houses at Rainford Hall working for the owner. They moved to Green End Sutton in 1851, but both died in the 1860's and are interred at St Nicholas Parish Church at Sutton. Their sons William, Robert and George moved to work and live in Ince nr Wigan, but the whereabouts of their daughters Eleanor born 1844, Luc

Marriage Liverpool

Guest Bobbysgirl
    By Guest Bobbysgirl,
    I have an Adam Grundy lived Astley Lancs who in 1870 married Alice Ainsworth at Liverpool parish church, in 1881 he was back in Astley a widower. Do these names have meaning to anyone? Thanks Bren

PENDLETON

val
    By val,
    Is anyone researching Pendletons in Eccleston and Prescot? Ive found info on the various Pendleton families as Ive searched for mine and will pass it on.

surname- Strong & Jones

Guest Bobbysgirl
    By Guest Bobbysgirl,
    I am looking for any descendants of John Strong & Mary in Haydock. Also descendants of Llewellen Jones and Sarah in Haydock. mary and Sarah were sisters. thanks Brenda

RC Baptisms Blackbrook/ Windle area

S Mann
    By S Mann,
    I understand there are baptisms for this RC Chapel from 1700's. Can anyone tell me how I could access these please? They are not held in the LDS Library. We are looking for the BRIDGE family baptisms from 1750+++to 1837 or marriages! Henry BRIDGE b abt 1781 and his siblings from abt 1771 1800=/- 5yrs marriage to Alice LEA of St Helens/Windle area. Happy to exchange info re this family. Have many pieces which we are trying to put together. Thanks for any ideas Sally N.Z.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.