Davies, Langton, Orme & Morris families

Dane
    By Dane,
    Researching the above families for all years. Any info on any of the families would be gratefully received. William Edward Davies from Nth Wales married Margaret Langton, St. Helens. William Langton married Martha Orme, St.Helens.

GenesReunited (was Connected)

Dave
    By Dave,
    http://www.genesconnected.co.uk/   Helen put me onto this site last night. At first I didn't think it was a particularly good idea, but, after trying it, I've got to admit that it has potential. As with Friends Reunited (it's run by the same people), you can participate for free, but to be able to contact someone who you think might share your tree you've got to pay a fiver. The fiver lasts for a year, and I think it's going to be worth it as more people join.   There are a few things that put a sprig of doubt on the affair though. First of all, you're supposed to be able to upload your GedCom file. When I tried it didn't work - but then I have 1444 individuals in my gedcom, so it might not have been able to handle so many. Another thing I found a tad annoying was that although you can put an 'about' date for a birth, you aren't allowed to do the same for a death - and marriage dates are just not supported! If you know who a particular person's parents were, but if you don't have a birth year - you aren't allowed to enter them. I suppose my biggest criticism about this system is that there is no way of knowing if somebody's genealogy is based on guesswork, fantasy, or both!   Having said all that though, I think the fiver is well spent. The database is fast (especially when handling the payment!) and there are some really nice graphical represtentations of your family tree - once you've put some people in it. I have already contacted two people whose trees suggest we might have links. Don't forget, you can do it for free and leave it for others to contact you. The temptation though, when you see possible matches, is a bit too much to resist!   Tell us your experience with GenesConnected.

Thanks

jill
    By jill,
    May I use the forum to thank Christina for her work on the St Nicholas database.It made the discovery of my ancestors in Sutton easy.My gggrandparents baptised most of their children there.

Help needed

Guest warrior
    By Guest warrior,
    Could anyone please help with my dilemma? My greatgrandmother Mary Ellen Eden was born circa 1872. On the 1891 census she is married to Henry Webb and her place of birth is given as Haydock. I purchased Henry and Mary Ellens marriage certificate from Wigan RO as they married in Ashton in Makerfield, hopeing to find her fathers name but the father is not named and Mary Ellen has signed her name as Edden not Eden!!!!? I have tried St Helens RO for Mary Ellens Birth certificate but they haven't got it so, i decided to try Wigan because i believe some parts of Haydock would come under Wigan but, to no avail. I have also looked on the free BMD and found one that matches but born in Prescott, would Prescott not come under St Helens? I have looked on the 1881 census for her, there are a couple of matches but the one that jumps out at me is one born C 1872 in St Helens but living at Pickley Green Westleigh, i think i have convinced myself that this is the one because on Mary Ellens marriage certificate the witnesses are a Sarah A McDermott and James McDermott, the one i have in Pickley Green had a sister Sarah Ann and i have just noticed that on the 1891 census they are all living in the same house, do you think this is coincidence? I would be grateful of any help especially about where i could purchase a birth certificate for her or any advice. Thanks Karen

Irish Ancestors

splus
    By splus,
    Does anyone know where you go when you get stuck in Ireland? I've got relations who came from there (as I'm sure have many others). They were born c 1829, I think in Leitrim but I can't find any mention of the surname and I can't find my way around the Leitrim ans Rhoscommon website.

Howarths & Wassell

Bun
    By Bun,
    Hi everyone...here's another family that I'm researching. The Howarth’s originally from Pilkington/Radcliffe Lancs. It's not so much the earlier ancestors that I'm after, but possibly living descendants of the children. Especially the children of Marjorie Howarth & Stan Topping and Clarisse Howarth & Samuel Sefton who may still be living in the area.   Regards   Bun         Name: Ernest Howarth ---------------------------------------- Birth: July 25, 1879 61 Cawdaw, Pilkington, Lancs Residence: 1915 58 Union Sreet, St Helens, Lancs Military: 1915 Private, South Lancashire Regiment Residence: 1924 39 Ormskirk Rd, Rainford, St Helens, Lancs Father: Thomas Howarth (1839-) Mother: Elizabeth Pearson (1841-) Marriage: June 9, 1906 The Parish Church, Radcliffe, Lancaster ---------------------------------------- Spouse: Elizabeth Jane Wassell ---------------------------------------- Birth: March 15, 1887 Park St, Brierly Hill, Stafford Residence: 1891 6 Crowther Street, St Helens, Lancs Residence: 1901 6 Crowther Street, St Helens, Lancs Residence: 1906 31 Bury St, Radcliffe. Residence: 1915 Union Street, St Helens, Lancs Residence: 1924 Ormskirk Road, Rainford, St Helens, Lancs Death: about 1970 Southport, England ? Father: John Elijah Wassell (?1864-1951) Mother: Mary Ann Smith (?1865-?1939) Other Spouses: James Rimmer   Children: ---------------------------------------- 1 M: John (Jack) Howarth Birth: 1907 Manchester Death: April 26, 1941 WWII, Crete, Greece Spouse: Phyllis Mary Mavin ---------------------------------------- 2 M: Ernest Howarth Birth: about 1913 Death: about 1982 Liverpool Spouse: Lilly Unkown ---------------------------------------- 3 M: Stanley Howarth Birth: September 22, 1915 58 Union Sreet, St Helens, Lancs Prisoner Of War: March 8, 1942 Liberated September 2 1945 Death: September 8, 1988 Seaford, South Australia Spouse: Irene Esmeralda Unknown Marriage: December 22, 1945 ---------------------------------------- 4 F: Phyllis Howarth Birth: about 1919 39 Ormskirk Rd, Rainford, St Helens, Lancs Death: St Helens, Lancs Spouse: Jack Lane ---------------------------------------- 5 F: Audrey Howarth Birth: June 4, 1924 39 Ormskirk Rd, Rainford, St Helens Death: November 13, 1999 St Helens, Merseyside, Whiston Hospital Spouse: Joseph Blackhurst Marriage: St Helens Spouse: Robert Stobbart Marriage: December 23, 1978 Metropolitan district of St Helens Register Office ---------------------------------------- 6 F: Elizabeth Howarth ---------------------------------------- 7 F: Marjorie Howarth Spouse: Stan Topping ---------------------------------------- 8 F: Clarisse Howarth Death: about 1997 Spouse: Samuel Sefton

HANKINSON

jill
    By jill,
    Looking for any dec of William Hankinson, b1900 Hargreaves St, Parr

MR SLATEX

jill
    By jill,
    I met a man in the cemetry with Poppy the terrier today. He asked me for a look up in 1891 census. I have found what you were looking for! Get in touch. Jill

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.