WHITE/POTTER

val
    By val,
    I recieved the marriage cert for my gt grandparents Thomas Potter and Mary White this morning. They were living at Moorflat, St Helens on marriage - Marys White family had lived there since mid 1700s and I have the Potter family living at Moorflat on 1841 census. Marys family seemed to go to the Methodist and Independent churches. The cert has Thomas and Mary marrying on 29 October 1861 at St Bartholemews Chapel Rainhill according to the Roman Catholic Church. It has triggered a memory (or I am imagining a memory) of my mother saying that my grandmother was baptised Catholic but when Thomas Potter died when my grandmother was 3 her mother 'changed her back'. But why are Thomas and Mary going to Rainhill to get married, could they have got married at Lowe House? I suppose it could have been so that the extended White family wouldnt know it was at a Catholic church - but would it have been an issue? and would Mary have become a Catholic before marriage? Is anyone researching Potters? Val.

St Catherine Index

val
    By val,
    The St Catherine Index can be viewed in three ways - the original books at the Family Records Centre London, on microfilms, and on fiche cards. When I was in St Helens last week I had an hour to spare and popped into the St Helens Archive, the fiche readers were free so I asked if I could look at the St Catherine Index on a fiche reader. The archivist told me the Index is only on microfilm and none are available anywhere on fiche cards. I was unable to convince her even though I used the cards regularly in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Bromley, and the day previously at Huyton. I find the fiche cards much quicker and easier to use than the microfilm although the screen is smaller. It may be worth using a library which has the fiche cards if you are looking for someone over more than a couple of years. The cards are arranged in quarters and then alphabetical order.

Sturgeon Family

Guest JC999
    By Guest JC999,
    Trying to trace surviving relatives of the Sturgeon family who emigrated from Ireland to St Helens in 1840. The family of George & Eliza Sturgeon (nee Wolfe) first lived in the garden houses at Rainford Hall working for the owner. They moved to Green End Sutton in 1851, but both died in the 1860's and are interred at St Nicholas Parish Church at Sutton. Their sons William, Robert and George moved to work and live in Ince nr Wigan, but the whereabouts of their daughters Eleanor born 1844, Lucinda born 1849 and Martha born 1857 is unknown. Any help no matter how small would be appreciated

Marriage Liverpool

Guest Bobbysgirl
    By Guest Bobbysgirl,
    I have an Adam Grundy lived Astley Lancs who in 1870 married Alice Ainsworth at Liverpool parish church, in 1881 he was back in Astley a widower. Do these names have meaning to anyone? Thanks Bren

PENDLETON

val
    By val,
    Is anyone researching Pendletons in Eccleston and Prescot? Ive found info on the various Pendleton families as Ive searched for mine and will pass it on.

surname- Strong & Jones

Guest Bobbysgirl
    By Guest Bobbysgirl,
    I am looking for any descendants of John Strong & Mary in Haydock. Also descendants of Llewellen Jones and Sarah in Haydock. mary and Sarah were sisters. thanks Brenda

RC Baptisms Blackbrook/ Windle area

S Mann
    By S Mann,
    I understand there are baptisms for this RC Chapel from 1700's. Can anyone tell me how I could access these please? They are not held in the LDS Library. We are looking for the BRIDGE family baptisms from 1750+++to 1837 or marriages! Henry BRIDGE b abt 1781 and his siblings from abt 1771 1800=/- 5yrs marriage to Alice LEA of St Helens/Windle area. Happy to exchange info re this family. Have many pieces which we are trying to put together. Thanks for any ideas Sally N.Z.

DINAH HARRISON marriage to WILLIAM HENRY ROBINSON

private person
    By private person,
    I am putting this info here on the St Helens website Dave.. as Dinah Harrison was from St Helens and when she married and moved away from St Helens she left alot of family members in St Helens that I am sure she kept intouch with ..   WILLIAM ROBINSON married DINAH HARRISON   DINAH HARRISON baseborn daughter of Mary Harrison and James Naylor Br 1839 ..Sutton St Helens   Her father James Naylor went on to marry a ANN GYLNN br Ireland and had a family with her..   Dinah was found in the 1851 and 1861 Uk census living with her fathers parents JAMES and ELLEN NAYLOR of Sutton, St Helens.   Baptism info on Diana Burtonwood St Michaels parish records   Diana NAYLOR HARRISON F 9 Aug 1839 10 Nov 1839 James Ellen Spinster Sutton   In St Nicholas CofE Sutton St Helens marriage records I found the following marriage ..   20 Aug 1860   William Henry ROBINSON Full Sutton Bachelor G*tores Sutton not known   Dinah HARRISON Full Sutton Spinster Sutton Father..James Naylor Labourer.. John Glynne & Ann Critchley   Going to the 1881 UK census online I found they moved to Pemberton Lancs England   1881 UK Census RG11 Piece / Folio 3778 / 63 Page Number 29 Clapgate Lane Pemberton, Lancashire, England   William ROBINSON Head M Male 35 Northwich, Cheshire, England Farm Labourer Dinah ROBINSON Wife M Female 36 Sutton, Lancashire, England William ROBINSON Son Male 7 St Helens, Lancashire, England Scholar Annie ROBINSON Daur Female 6 Ashton, Lancashire, England   Thats all I know so far on the ROBINSON family.   Is anyone out there doing them or have any knowledge of the family?   Thank you SLC

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.