Claredon Inn 1800's Windle- BRIDGE family

S Mann
    By S Mann,
    Can anyone tell me more about the BRIDGE families who were associated with the CLAREDON INN -sometimes ?CLARENCE I believe a Richard BRIDGE b 1835 who married Margaret b 1835 owned it pre1881. Children Hannah 1860, James 1863married ? Catherine, Robert 1866, Thomas 1868, Joseph 1870 married Alice v, Richard 1872, John 1875, Margaret 1878 Lived at 1 Gerrard St Windle 1881 Hannah married Wm SHUFFLEBOTTOM ? Is this the correct name?   Cousins Parents not known as yet Robert BRIDGE 1857 James 1865 married ?Catherine Joseph 1868 Would love to hear from someone who knows more about thses families. Sally

James BRIDGE b abt 1750 +families

S Mann
    By S Mann,
    HI I am researching the BRIDGE family who lived in the Moss Bank, Windle, St Helens area. One of the family moved to Wigan about 1846. They appear to have been all Roman Catholics. James BRIDGE married Ellen [Helen]WAREING 1771 Sefton Lancashire IGI Ellen WAREING's mother was Margery WAREING nee ? Known Children buried with parents at Windleshaw RC Chantry St Helens William BRIDGE 1777-1807 Richard BRIDGE 1784 - 1807 Helen[Ellen] BRIDGE 1796-1797 Other possible children. Baptised Saint Swithin RC Liverpool Richard 1772- Elizabeth BRIDGE 1774 - William BRIDGE 1774 - John BRIDGE 1779 - Also HENRY BRIDGE born abt 1781 WHERE WAS HE BAPTISED somewhere around St Helens Henry BRIDGE married Alice LEA abt 1805 ?Prescot or St Helens Would like to find marriage. Henry and Alice BRIDGE's children were baptised at Birchley Chapel, Billinge   There are other BRIDGE families buried at Windleshaw Chantry St helens but I have not been able to link any of them!!? John and Elizabeth BRIDGE nee? Chlidren Richard BRIDGE 1788-1827 died Crowberry? Lodge Sarah BRIDGE 1791-1878 never married Henrietta BRIDGE 1793-1867 Warrington never married Elizabeth BRIDGE 1754-1851 Mary BRIDGE 1801 married ?APPLETON   Hoping someone will give me clues as to where I can look. Married into SWIFT, JOHNSON ,SHAWCROSS, SMETHURST Wigan TYRER FAIRHURST POLDING

1881 census

Dave
    By Dave,
    Now that the 1881 census for the UK is freely available on the LDS site, I wondered if it'd be such a bad thing if I put my PDF doc of St Helens online? It has Eccleston, Windle, Sutton, Parr, Rainford & Haydock - mostly in street order. It's good for seeing who the neighbours were and for searching various things. At just over 8Mb it'd make a hefty download for anyone on dialup, but it's not so bad for broadband users. Reckon?

web site

jill
    By jill,
    I am having a go at making my own 'ickle site. I've just started it so it's still under consrtuction. It won't be very flashy, but I hope it will get the info across. The main St Helens families are Johnson,Collins, Cowley, but there are others all mainly from Lancashire. Please drop in at " groups.msn.com/jilliansgenealogy"

CLARKE FAMILY

Marie
    By Marie,
    I am looking for any infomation on my great great grandmother Margaret Clarke, born around 1850 in St.Helens. She married Peter Aspinall, then later married Peter Almond.

Parr and Pennington

bjthink
    By bjthink,
    I'm trying to track down any information on LILIAN (Lily) PARR, born April 26th 1905 at 56 or 58 Union Street, St Helens. She died in Preston on May 24th 1978 and is buried in St Helens. Her father was GEORGE, a glass-worker, born 1875. Her mother was SARAH, formerly PENNINGTON. At the time of the 1901 census there were two children in the family, Lily's siblings, who may have living relatives, and it's these I'm trying to trace. The children were JOHN PARR, born 1897, and ELIZABETH PARR born 1899. There may have been one or two others before LILIAN's birth. Has anyone got any information on any of this family?

Birch family

jill
    By jill,
    I have been tracing my family for a couple of years now, and managed to get back to the mid 18c for a few branches. My lastest "finds" are the Birch family from Rainford. My research has found George Birch, b jan 1751, married Alice Lyon 1782. 11 children incl George b 1787 marr Elizabeth had 5 children incl Catherine b 1816,marr James Cowley 1835, they had 6 children. This is where I leave the Birch's and follow the Cowleys, who left Rainford and moved to Sutton, where they ended up living in the old Convent House on Fennys Lane after the nuns moved out. The interesting thing about the Birch family is they were all clay pipe makers and owned or rented their own workshops. I found this in a very interesting book "Rainford Clay Pipe Industry" by Davey. As usual I found this chioce nugget just as I had to get home. If anyone has any interest in the Birch or Cowley families I will be pleased to share

1837 Census

splus
    By splus,
    Has anyone tried the following site?   www.1837online.com   Is it any good?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.