HEWITT

liz
    By liz,
    Hi,   I'm researching the Hewitt Family in Burtonwood. My starting family are William Hewitt b abt 1842 in Lowton who married Betsy Forster from Burtonwood. They then proceeded to raise a family of 11 children in Burtonwood.   Please get in touch to share information if your researches may overlap in any way,   Thanks, Liz.

EARLAM family in St Helens

liz
    By liz,
    Hi,   I'm researching the Earlam family mainly from Cheshire, but one branch moved to St Helens and had their children here around 1860-1880. Please get in touch if you have any Earlam's in your tree so we can exchange information.   Thanks,   Liz.

Church contact details

Dave
    By Dave,
    I've attached a text file of the contact details of local (and some not so local) churches - copied and pasted from the BT directory enquiries site. I'll probably make a table of some sort to include the ones particularly relevant to the area at a later date.

THOMAS

S Mann
    By S Mann,
    Hi,   Looking for info on the THOMAS family living in St Helens area early 1800's.   Alice BRIDGE married ?? THOMAS Only known child so far Joseph THOMAS born before 1824. So far have no other info. Most likely a Catholic family. Sally

Risley

jill
    By jill,
    I am looking for decendants of Martha Risley, nee Hankinson from Parr. She was born in the 1900's

HANKINSON

jill
    By jill,
    I am looking for the decendants of James and Fanny Hankinson and their children, Mary A, b 1866, Sarah, b 1891, jane, b 1892, James, b 1896, & William, b 1900. Last known in Ashcroft St, Parr 1920 electoral register :nerd:

May/Morans of St Helens

bethannbailey
    By bethannbailey,
    I am looking for any information other then below on any factionof the Moran or May Family..Here is what I have so far. Descendants of Robert May     Generation No. 1   1. ROBERT1 MAY died Bet. 1875 - 1877 in Lancashire England. He married SUSAN FRANCES LAWLOR April 22, 1861 in St Helens Lancashire England, daughter of JEREMIAH LAWLOR and SUSAN. She was born Unknown in Ireland, and died Unknown.   Notes for ROBERT MAY: Robert May Died sometime between 1873 and 1881, as he does not appear on the 1881 British Census   Notes for SUSAN FRANCES LAWLOR: Susan (wife of Robert May) was born sometime between 1836 and 1839. According to the 1891 British Census Susan was the head of house, her children John (25) a Cooper, Son Joseph (21) glassworker, Daughter Susan (21) Glass Smoother, Daughter Eliza (18) and Son Robert (17) lived at 29 Stanley Street St Helens. According to the 1881 British Census, Susan (wife of Robert) as Head of House, living at 50 Hill Street Windle, Lancashire England. Joseph (listed as Jeramiah) and Susan (listed as Susannah)   More About ROBERT MAY and SUSAN LAWLOR: Marriage: April 22, 1861, St Helens Lancashire England   Children of ROBERT MAY and SUSAN LAWLOR are: i. JOHN2 MAY, b. Abt. 1867. ii. JOSEPH MAY, b. 1871. 2. iii. SUSAN MAY, b. 1871, St. Helen's Lancashire England; d. Unknown. iv. ELIZABETH MAY, b. Abt. 1874. v. ROBERT MAY, b. Abt. 1875.     Generation No. 2   2. SUSAN2 MAY (ROBERT1) was born 1871 in St. Helen's Lancashire England, and died Unknown. She married JOSEPH MORAN September 06, 1891 in Holy Cross Catholic Church, St. Helens, Lancashire, England, son of JAMES MORAN. He was born Unknown, and died Bef. 1929.   Notes for SUSAN MAY: Susan was born Susannah May. She has a twin brother Joseph,born Jerimiah May. In the First Quarter of 1870   More About SUSAN MAY: Immigration: 1929, 1428 Albert Street Toledo Ohio   Marriage Notes for SUSAN MAY and JOSEPH MORAN: Joseph lived at 11 Canal Bank East, St. Helens, Susan lived at 29 Stanley Street, St Helens. Both Joseph's father (James Moran, who was a chemical laborer) and Susan's father (Robert May, who was a Cooper) were both deceased at the time of their marriage. John Kelly and Mary Cuniffe ? were the witness. The priest was George Dover S.J.   More About JOSEPH MORAN and SUSAN MAY: Marriage: September 06, 1891, Holy Cross Catholic Church, St. Helens, Lancashire, England Marriage license: September 06, 1891, Holy Cross Catholic Church, St. Helens, Lancashire, England   Children of SUSAN MAY and JOSEPH MORAN are: 3. i. JOSEPH3 MORAN, b. March 17, 1890, St Helen's Lancashire England; d. September 06, 1970, Toledo, Ohio. 4. ii. JAMES ROBERT MORAN, b. July 17, 1892, St. Helens, Lancashire England; d. December 10, 1969, Bucks County Pennsylvania. iii. SUSANNAH MORAN, b. July 11, 1894, St Helens Lancashire England.   Notes for SUSANNAH MORAN: According to the St Mary's Lowe House Church the family lived at 13 Hill Street at the time Susannah was baptized.   More About SUSANNAH MORAN: Baptism: St Marys Lowe House Church   iv. FRANCES MORAN, b. January 29, 1898, St Helens Lancashire England.   Notes for FRANCES MORAN: At the time Frances was baptized the family lived at 44 Victoria Street   More About FRANCES MORAN: Baptism: St Marys Lowe House Church   v. ROBERT MORAN, b. May 06, 1900, St Helen's Lancashire England; d. January 15, 1975, Monroe Green County Wisconsin.   Notes for ROBERT MORAN: According to 1901 Census Robert was a year old   More About ROBERT MORAN: Immigration: 1913, Lived with Brother Joseph Occupation: 1920, Electric Welder Shipyard   vi. GEORGE MORAN, b. May 16, 1901; d. October 12, 1952, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.   Notes for GEORGE MORAN: George was registered on June 24, 1901 in Prescot by his mother. They lived at 38 Lord Street, St Helens,   vii. JOHN MORAN, b. Abt. 1903. viii. WILFRED MORAN, b. Abt. 1905. ix. VINCENT MORAN, b. Abt. 1906. x. ALFRED MORAN, b. June 06, 1908, St Helen's Lancashire England. 5. xi. ELIZABETH MORAN, b. June 06, 1908, St Helen's Lancashire England; d. February 23, 2001, Wisconsin. xii. CATHERINE MORAN, b. Abt. 1911.

BRIDGE Mary Eleanor b abt1849

S Mann
    By S Mann,
    Looking for the possible marriage and death of Mary Eleanor BRIDGE b 1849 St Helens Parents William Joseph and Ellen BRIDGE nee SWIFT Living with her parents in 1881 but not found in 1891 or 1901. They were a catholic family. Also missing the burials of twins Mary and Sarah BRIDGE who lived in Baldwin Street all their lives by the looks and died about 1890. There are possible deaths in the GRO but would like to find the burials. They were sister of William Joseph BRIDGE who was buried at St helens cemetery. Some of the family were buried at Windleshaw, St Helens. Any help greatly appreciated.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.