ELLEN MERCER

jill
    By jill,
    I am getting nowhere trying to find info on Ellen Mercer before she married Job Barlow. She was born @ 1833 St Helens. She's not on the IGI,Nor the parish registers of St Helens or Prescot Parish Churches, or Burtonwood St Michaels where her father came from. Any clues as to where to look next, or any links to other researchers gratefully received

Watchmaker Apprentices 1710 - 1810

val
    By val,
    I have a book detailing Clockmakers and Watchmakers Apprentice Records between 1710 and 1810 on library loan for 3 weeks. If you think your family might have been involved in the this trade anywhere in Britain I can look up.

SMITH, Ann

Lyn
    By Lyn,
    Just found Ann Smith b abt 1830 Warrington. (died 1888)   Married William Knowles b. abt. 1828 St Helens   Marriage 1849 Prescot Reg.   Looking for any connections..   Lyn

Pennington family research - help!

Sarah
    By Sarah,
    Hi, I am trying to help my Father In Law trace some of his family history/roots/present relatives; and thought you might be able to help? It is a sad story and is also like looking for a needle in a haystack, but the Internet is a big place and I am Optimistic about finding some info, no matter how small. My Father In law lost his Dad in a tragic Motorcycle accident in approximately 1960 (give or take a year), he was (Brian, my Father In law) appx 15 at the time. All the info I have is that his name was Ernest Pennington, he worked for Pilkingtons Glass works in St Helens and my Father In Laws mother was called Elizabeth (more commonly known as Lizzie), she later became a Scarth. Brian is known as Scarth too, but his birth certificate shows that he was also named Ernest Pennington after his Father. Due to circumstances at the time of Brians birth (3/4/1945) Ernest and Lizzie were unable to be together, but it was 15 years later that Ernest was travelling back to Haltwhistle in Northumberland to be with Lizzie, that he was unfortunately killed. If you have any info or think you might have something which would help, I would be extremely grateful if you’d get in touch.   Yours hopefully Sarah Bell (yes I know, Brian Scarth who is ‘really’ Ernest Pennington, is actually my Husbands Step Father, that’s why I’m Bell and not Scarth or ‘Pennington’!!!!)

1837 online.....

splus
    By splus,
    ..have now indexed all births, marriages, deaths from 1837 to 1866.

ABBOTT, watchmakers in Eccleston and Prescot.

val
    By val,
    Has anyone come across a birth or bapt of a Nathan Abbott born c1800? He claims on censuses to have been born in Prescot. He turns up as a watchmaker at Gaskells Farm in Whiston on 1841 census. He moved into Prescot and lived their until his death at 73. He was part of a clan of successful watchmakers and seems connected by first name to watchmakers in the 1700s in Farnworth and Warrington but cant find his birth on Prescot, Prescot chapels, St Helens, St Helens Ind Chapel, Farnworth, Cronton, Rainford registers. There were probably a few Nathan cousins in the wider area at the time but even Dennis and the Prescot museum couldnt find his parentage. There is a Nathan Abbott bapt at Mt Pleasant Meth in Liverpool but this doesnt seem to fit. Please can you keep an eye out for him when you are looking at registers please? Also has anyone any suggestions of registers to look at? Thanks, Val.

Ellen BARNES married James NAYLOR 1822 Winwick ..

private person
    By private person,
    I might have the maiden name of my 3rd Great grandmother but HOW do I prove it??   I have been looking for a long time for ELLEN NAYLOR nee UNKNOW maiden name..   Ellen UNKOWN br abt 1798 [says br Prescot on the census's] married a JAMES NAYLOR[ br Sutton St Helens abt 1782 ] sometime[ maybe not] befor the birth of 1st know child JAMES NAYLOR br according to the 1841 census either 1821 or 1822 ..all the census info I have for James the son show him br in Sutton..   Now this is what I found in the Vital Records Index British Isles   For a marriage of James Naylor to any Ellen   NAYLOR James wife ELLEN BARNES Marriage date 19 Feb 1822 Recorded in WINWICK Lancs Eng FHL Number 1469063 Dates 1800-1822   Ellen Banes keeps coming up no matter what I try to do she seems to be very insistent that she is the one I am looking for ..   Then I did search for baptism of JAMES NAYLOR br 1821-22   Found this Birth date 25 Aug 1822 Christening date 15 Sep 1822 WInwick Lancs England Father James Naylor Mother Ellen Same film # No mothers maiden name   Also found a Christening for a WILLIAM NAYLOR br 20 Dec 1823 With same parents names..same film # no mothers maiden name.   Now in all the census records I have I have NO WM NAYLOR down as a son ..if he is their son he either died or he was not at home in the 1841 census..no way at this time to look for a WM NAYLOR in the 1841 census not the way my hrs and days I work ..   I have 2 other surnames in the 1841 census down as being there the day the census was taken both were lodgers   besides a Thomas Naylor age 50 who might be James's brother..he is down as a lodger also..   Thomas JOHNSON age 20 shoemaker John SEPHTON age 15 Ag Lab.   Could they be connected possibly to either the Naylor or the Barnes surname being lodgers?   How far is Winwick from Sutton? Would people in Sutton go to Winwick to do anything?   I found Windwick batch numbers for LDS site..and found a few Naylors on it .. but no Johnsons or Sephton's marriages to Naylors in their records   Am at a loss to how to prove that my Ellen's last name is Barnes..   Anyone have any ideas?   Thank you SLC

Name interests in St. Helens

Guest dgornall
    By Guest dgornall,
    Hello there I am new to this forum. I have been reearching the following names in and around St. Helens:   Gornall: they moved to St. Helens cir 1849, moving down from Preston and Leyland.   Porter: from cir 1844 around Windle area, previous to this thought to be from Prescot.   Almond: cir 1811 in Billinge, 1844 in and around Windle.   There are other secondary names connected with these but I have only scant information on them.   Regards Denis Gornall

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.