TWIST/WALL

Guest Barbee
    By Guest Barbee,
    Hi,   I'm trying to find out who the parents of my great grandparents are. They are Samuel Twist and his wife Elizabeth, her last name was Walls. They were married in 1833 in Wigam, St. Helens.   Also, does anyone know if there are places in St. Helens to adopt a child? Family rumor is that Sam and Elizabeth adopted my great grandfather David Twist. (Hopefully this is a false rumor, since he would be almost impossible to trace). I did find a birth certificate for the daughter of Sam and Elizabeth.. She was Alice and born in 1845.. here is what the paper says:   Registration district: Wigam sub district of Hindley, County of Lancaster. Thirteenth of September 1845, girl, Alice born to Samuel and Elizabeth Twist, formerly Walls. Occupation of father: Collier   John Grimes was the registrar. Elizabeth Twist made her mark of X on the certificate.   Barb Goss

BROWN

Janet
    By Janet,
    BROWN FAMILY Looking for info/connections please. James Brown born 1883.In 1930s he was an artist in Earlstown area. Paintings included Rugby Team, local councillors, pigeons from local pigeon club owners. family portraits on plates, local scenes,Stations of the Cross in local RC Church.Despite some research I have never been able to find where I may see some of his work. James had brothers and sisters including Tommy, Agnes (who moved to USA after 1st World War - Mrs Owen) Annie(later Richardson)Also I believe a brother called Peter.I believe James parents were James and Emma originally from Dorset. James went to Warrington school of Art and served 1st World War. He died 1935 in Earlstown area.

Latterday saints

jill
    By jill,
    I have just visited the Latterday saints in Chorley to look at church records from different parts of the country. Even though my visit was a waste of time as I had chosen the wrong churches, it was quite easy and pleasant. You find the reference from their web site of the records you wish to view, and book. I booked in person, but you can book over the phone I think, a couple of quid per film. Then they phone you when they arrive. Some records take a while if they have to come from Salt Lake City. It's right opposite Botany Bay on the M61(The temple not Salt Lake City)

ELLISON, TWIST

scotta
    By scotta,
    I am researching the following family: Thomas ELLISON married Martha WRIGHT Children: 1. Thomas ELLISON married Sarah Ann WAINWRIGHT 2. John ELLISON born in 1855 married Hannah TWIST in 1875 Children: Joseph, James, Edith, Louisa and John Alfred.

Elusive William Hill

Jackiewing2000
    By Jackiewing2000,
    My ggrandfather, William Hill b St Helens 1858 married a Margaret Hannah Beck in Leeds. He is found with his family still living in Leeds in 1891 and all his life, he was a locomotive engine driver. However - now it gets good. In 1901 his wife is found living in Hull widowed, living alone with their youngest daughter but a William Hill, same dob,born St Helens, same occupation is back in St Helens, living at 2a Graces Square. The census also says he is widowed but there is a whole set of different children. Their names were Richard E 27(engine maker fitter & turner), Mary E 25(domestic),Nathaniel C 22,Priscilla J (domestic), Clara W 16(milliner appr), Louisa 14. If anyone can help me with this family, or have links, please get in touch. Would love to know if this is the same William Hill, if he was divorced(did they then?!!!) or was he even a bigamist. Maybe, less interestingly, he was a different William Hill!! Jackie

GERRARD

margaret2r
    By margaret2r,
    Looking for family members of my aunt Polly (Mary) GERRARD.(nee JOHNSON) Last known address 24 POWELL ST. SUTTON 1955 She was a widow and had two daughters MAGGIE PENNINGTON, PECKERSHILL RD.and FANNIE. I'm sure they still have family members living there. Thank's.ANY information would be helpful

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME

margaret2r
    By margaret2r,
    I am totally confused about buying 'census records' and 'micro fiche' I have purchased a 'census page' how do you get the complete census ? How do you VIEW a FICHE ? Is this done on a computer ?? I am taking computer classes starting next week and will most likely buy one. I am just too limited to what I can do on this Webtv. and I feel such a nuisance aking people to do things for me. You have all bee great :king: Thanks, Margaret

BROWN family

rayles
    By rayles,
    Hi I am trying to trace my fathers family who, acording to the 1901 census, lived in New House Lane, St Peters Parr, St Helens. My fathers name was James Brown born 1899 who had a brother Edward and a sister called Lucy born 1896. James moved to Norwich after leaving the Army in 1918 and married a local woman called Lilian Mann and sttled there until his death in the 1970's. My grandfather was Edward and grandmother was called Thereza.Brown.   raymond.brown450@ntlworld.com

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.