Rendezvous bar

k-i-m
    By k-i-m,
    Hi, i am looking for any history about the rendezvous bar on church street/Parr street.   I have looked at the old maps on this site, and have found the location of it on there, but would like any history on the place. i.e what it was before the pub, when it was built and what stood on the ground before it.   If anyone could help me out i would be extreemly grateful.   Thanks   Kim

TWIST/CROSS/FLYNN

RICHARD
    By RICHARD,
    I AM RESEARCHING MY FAMILY TREE AND COME ACROSS A PETER TWIST WHO WAS MARRIED TWICE ,FIRST TO MARGARET CROSS IN 1830 BUT SHE DIED IN 1840 ,HIS SECOND WIFE WAS ELIZEBETH FLYNN . IF ANYBODY HAS ANY INFORMATION PLEASE HELP

School Walking Day.

oaker
    By oaker,
    Here's another long gone tradition, Sutton Nash C of E, All saints church walking day.

1891 census

jill
    By jill,
    got the ancestry census for a free 14 day trial, 1891 all uk and a few areas (NOT LANCS) on the 1871, fully indexed

May Queen.

oaker
    By oaker,
    Pictures taken in Normans Rd, Sutton, approx 1958.

Dorothy Street

Jan Molbys Left Foot
    By Jan Molbys Left Foot,
    Hi everyone,   I'm puzzled and wonder if anyone can help?   On the 1901 Census my Cardwell family are living in Dorothy Street. Civil Parish - part of St.Helens Ecclesiastical Parish - part of St.John the Evangelist County Borough - part of St.Helens Ward - West Sutton Parliamentary Borough - St.Helens Town - St.Helens   I believe that there is currently a Dorothy Street in Thatto Heath. Would this be the same street as the one listed in 1901? I am confused as I would not have put Thatto Heath as a part of West Sutton ward. Perhaps it was and I'm on the right track; or could there have been another Dorothy Street in Sutton now demolished?   I always though Dorothy Street was in Sutton but when I went on multimap it didn't appear (this from someone who lived in Sutton Manor and Sutton Leach!!!).   Also would anyone have an old map covering 1901 which would highlight this street and it's locality at the time?   Thanks in advance for any help you can give.   Kev

Ravenhead Old Teapot, Brickworks and Pottery.

JOCK
    By JOCK,
    I'm writing an article on the Midland Pottery, Ravenhead, which I discover was operating alongside the Old Tea Pot Brickworks (also known as Wood & Co). I had a letter published in the local paper which resulted in some brilliant feedback, but I still need a bit more. Seems likely that the brickworks opened about 1880, but that's a guess. Anyone know what was on the site before that? Midland Pottery (also had a pottery at Melling) made the stoneware jam jars for Hartley's Jam, Aintree. They ceased at Ravenhead about 1930 (I need a date). One person thought the pottery went on fire. The owner of the Old Tea Pot brickworks, J J Bate, continued the name Midland Pottery but as a new entity alongside the Old Teapot and some of the workforce stayed on. Biggest problem is that so many different titles were in use. According to the 1906 OS map it was called Liverpool & St Helen's Brickworks. I know quite a bit about J J Bate, but who was the Wood in Wood & Co? Finally, I know that some skilled Scottish potters were brought down by Midland, certainly at Melling but perhaps to a lesser extent at Ravenhead.   I don't stay locally and ANY information would be welcomed.

Holman Michell & Co

cassiterite
    By cassiterite,
    Does anyone have any information on Holman Michell & Co? In 1895 the company was in Salisbury Street and at sometime had the Cornwall Works (I don't know if that was in the same place). I'm interested to know if there is any connection with Cornwall.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.