|Anglers Rest - Back Lane (Woodlands Road), Laffak|
The Anglers Rest no longer exists. Status: Closed 22 Dec 1910.
Also known as 'The Blind Ass', 'Fishermans Arms', 'Fishermans Rest' - a beerhouse opened circa 1845, selling Copples ales from the .Eccleston Brewery at Portico.
James Frodsham (to 1900)
Peter Dempsey (from May 15 1900)
|Commonly known in later years as the "Blind Ass" a nick
name bestowed upon it when a stubborn old matron with one eye took it over.
It sold Copples Ales of the Eccleston Brewery Portico