Bears Paw - St Helens Connect: Pubs List

Bears Paw - Westfield Street

The Bears Paw no longer exists. Status: Closed 12 Aug 1950.


A Greenalls beerhouse opened circa 1847.
Landlords/Beer retailers
James Bellis (1864)
James Large (1871)
Thomas Eden (1888 - 1913)
Joseph Birchall (1913 - 1920s)

Click for Google map


the olden days

151 posts
Wed, 23 May 2012, 9:32.

Teddy Gregson had this pub from about 1943 - 1945 after leaving the Phoenix Hotel where he had lived since birth and had taken over from his mother when she died.


           

St Helens Connect 2001 - 2017

Back to top

Privacy/Cookies