All Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing All Comments

sweetIsis
Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 18:26.
according to a very helpful lady at St. Helens library, George Molyneux became the first landlord in 1864Link to Pub
dotcomdan
Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 13:55.
Possibly Windleshaw Road with the Abbey Pub at the topLink to Photo
dotcomdan
Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 13:29.
I remember Alec Service being the landlord, before that he had the Wellington in the Market.Link to Photo
Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 13:18.
Does anyone know whereabouts in Bridge Street this was?Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 14:23.
Used to go here every day during school dinner time, only used to have 1 pint then back to CowleyLink to Pub
DJGAZZA
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 14:20.
The only pub I was refused to be served, mind you I was only 16 lol
Link to Pub
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 11:12.
One of the few pubs in town that I didn't try in my teens. I think I started walking in once and then walked out backwards when I saw that the customer base was largely mac-wearing middle-aged-to-elderly hardened drinkers. :-)Link to Pub
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 10:51.
It's true about that bar. I remember the bare floorboards too. It was dinner time. I think I was fifteen and from school we'd spent the morning at the tech. My mate said that he'd heard that it was easy to be served in the Angel, so we took off our ties and wandered in. It was a proper spit'n'sawdust place. Just a couple of old fellas standing by themselves - looking as though they were in some kind of purgatory and an equally cheerful old bloke behind the bar - who obviously couldn't care less how old we were. I think I had a pint of bitter. The fact that it was so easy to be served didn't encourage me to go back. :-)Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:54.
This was my local when we lived in Ilfracombe R'd.Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:52.
Used to go here every lunchtime,me mate would have 4 pints and 4 Castellas.Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:40.
First pub I ever got served in, age 16.Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 11:57.
Ann also worked behind the bar for her daughter when she had Arkie's in the 80'sLink to Pub
shel
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 8:13.
1881 & 1891 Census 'Little Pig' Publican William Almond
Link to Pub
gilly
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 6:11.
In recent years(70's)the Ramford was run by Ann Ross.Ann was exceptional in that she only had 1 hand.S he could serve up to several people at a time and never spill a dropLink to Pub
gilly