Pubs Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Pubs Comments

eejayess
Sun, 14 Oct 2012, 10:03.
No jeb my name was Fairclough I think Whalley's were the next ones in, Fred &; Wilma (Flintstones) Link to Pub
eejayess
Sun, 14 Oct 2012, 9:58.
That was my home for 7 years when my parents Tom & Emily Fairclough were licensees.
Link to Pub
Brockie
Fri, 5 Oct 2012, 10:05.
The glass barrel was in fact a glass barrel they had at Greenall's Brewery to demonstrate the fining process. Don't know why this name was given to the pub thoughLink to Pub
Brockie
Fri, 5 Oct 2012, 10:02.
Burnt down Link to Pub
RATTY
Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 21:46.
This pub was originally called The Magpie until the son of Colonel Samuel Taylor, owner of Eccleston Hall bought and rebuilt it in 1825, his family crest was a griffin and so the pub was renamedLink to Pub
Joo
Sat, 29 Sep 2012, 19:35.
My great grandma cleaned this pub until she was well into her seventies- she lived on Springfiled Rd until her early 80's- she moved in with her daughter in Whiston in the seventies.Link to Pub
Phyll
Fri, 31 Aug 2012, 9:01.
This is where I had my Wedding Reception in 1974.
Sadly, the marriage no longer exists like the Club!
Link to Pub
Olliebeak
Tue, 28 Aug 2012, 14:59.
Just read a message from NannyPam that it's on fire at the moment - 28/08/2012. What a shame!

One of my uncles - Ken Walker - was the first landlord here when it opened. He was an ex-copper.
Link to Pub
polly ellen
Sun, 26 Aug 2012, 13:50.
I'm told my Gt Grandfather John Winstanley was landlord in early 1920's then followed by his daughter Lizzie SmithLink to Pub
Le200
Sun, 17 Jun 2012, 18:36.
I think that the Liverpool Inn was demolished and the Liverpool Arm built very close to where it stood.
The Liverpool Arms is still open as a pub.
Link to Pub
eejayess
Sat, 16 Jun 2012, 18:37.
Has this pub always been called Liverpool Inn or did it used to be called Liverpool ArmsLink to Pub
LOVE JOY
Tue, 12 Jun 2012, 13:37.
HAD SUM FUN IN THE CHICKS,NEARLLY ALL THE LADS DECIDED TO GROW UPLink to Pub
the olden days
Wed, 23 May 2012, 9:32.
Teddy Gregson had this pub from about 1943 - 1945 after leaving the Phoenix Hotel where he had lived since birth and had taken over from his mother when she died.Link to Pub
Olliebeak
Wed, 25 Apr 2012, 6:29.
Managers in the early 60's were the Pay(i)ne family.
Mid 60's, it was the Tillett family.
Late 60's it was Phil and Sylvia Rowson (both ex-police) who had just left the Sefton Arms.
Early 70's it was an Italian guy Nello Fabbro who had previously run the Restaurant at Liverpool Airport.
Link to Pub
exnooker
Mon, 16 Apr 2012, 22:04.
My first boozer,it looks grim now with all the shutters up,dont think it will open again. Link to Pub

<< < 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 > >>