Pubs Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Pubs Comments

sms
Tue, 6 Nov 2012, 21:50.
My grandad, George Firth lived at 100 Canal Street and was best friends with John Gregson and his wife Florence. My mum Vera Wharton,nee Firth was also friends with their daughter Audrey. John, I believe, was one of the first to be killed in the East Lancs Road. John and my grandad were keen motorbike riders.Link to Pub
sms
Tue, 6 Nov 2012, 21:34.
Enjoyed my First Holy Communion breakfast there back in 1963. Later on helped to set up St. Teresa's Youth Club in the Men's Club at the back of the Coronation Hall as it was once called. Link to Pub
NIMROD
Thu, 18 Oct 2012, 5:43.
Went passed yesterday 17/10/2012 it was closed down all boarded up.
nimrod
Link to Pub
eejayess
Sun, 14 Oct 2012, 10:03.
No jeb my name was Fairclough I think Whalley's were the next ones in, Fred &; Wilma (Flintstones) Link to Pub
eejayess
Sun, 14 Oct 2012, 9:58.
That was my home for 7 years when my parents Tom & Emily Fairclough were licensees.
Link to Pub
Brockie
Fri, 5 Oct 2012, 10:05.
The glass barrel was in fact a glass barrel they had at Greenall's Brewery to demonstrate the fining process. Don't know why this name was given to the pub thoughLink to Pub
Brockie
Fri, 5 Oct 2012, 10:02.
Burnt down Link to Pub
RATTY
Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 21:46.
This pub was originally called The Magpie until the son of Colonel Samuel Taylor, owner of Eccleston Hall bought and rebuilt it in 1825, his family crest was a griffin and so the pub was renamedLink to Pub
Joo
Sat, 29 Sep 2012, 19:35.
My great grandma cleaned this pub until she was well into her seventies- she lived on Springfiled Rd until her early 80's- she moved in with her daughter in Whiston in the seventies.Link to Pub
Phyll
Fri, 31 Aug 2012, 9:01.
This is where I had my Wedding Reception in 1974.
Sadly, the marriage no longer exists like the Club!
Link to Pub
Olliebeak
Tue, 28 Aug 2012, 14:59.
Just read a message from NannyPam that it's on fire at the moment - 28/08/2012. What a shame!

One of my uncles - Ken Walker - was the first landlord here when it opened. He was an ex-copper.
Link to Pub
polly ellen
Sun, 26 Aug 2012, 13:50.
I'm told my Gt Grandfather John Winstanley was landlord in early 1920's then followed by his daughter Lizzie SmithLink to Pub
Le200
Sun, 17 Jun 2012, 18:36.
I think that the Liverpool Inn was demolished and the Liverpool Arm built very close to where it stood.
The Liverpool Arms is still open as a pub.
Link to Pub
eejayess
Sat, 16 Jun 2012, 18:37.
Has this pub always been called Liverpool Inn or did it used to be called Liverpool ArmsLink to Pub
LOVE JOY