Streets & Places Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Streets & Places Comments

vswift
Sat, 1 Nov 2014, 3:57.
From Cairo Street to Lugsmore Lane that part was known as New Crossley Road to distinguish it from the older part because
the new part was formerly Victoria Rd
Link to Street/Place
ted
Sun, 7 Sep 2014, 21:31.
My mum and dad lived in the house where the man is standing in front of steps, they are white because my mum used to donkey stone them every week, very happy daysLink to Street/Place
ted
Sun, 7 Sep 2014, 21:20.
my auntie Kitty and uncle Sid lived in boundary road, more or less opposite Harris street, I think it was no.32Link to Street/Place
Padster
Tue, 18 Feb 2014, 12:03.
I lived in Silkstone St in the 50s with my Mum, Dad and brother all now sadly deceased, I remember the fair-ride that used to come around pulled by a horse and Mrs Glovers shop on the corner which later became Tom Collins motorcycle shop. There was also a shop opposite the Tinsleys house.
O Duffy
Link to Street/Place
Incaman
Mon, 30 Dec 2013, 20:28.
OS map of 1847 shows the southerly half from alongside Ravenhead Laundry to be in existence at that time. The northerly half from presumably where the roof line drops a bit, was then built as the plaque says in 1854 (the 4 is now missing) by A.F. Anyone know who A.F. was?Link to Street/Place
AitchD
Wed, 23 Oct 2013, 15:05.
James Statter at No 35 was my grandfather. I remember going to his shop - a newsagents. Link to Street/Place
rayrob
Wed, 27 Feb 2013, 20:38.
lived at number 22 from 1954 till about 1969Link to Street/Place
Joseph Julius
Sun, 10 Feb 2013, 17:35.
What happenedvto wellington terrace?Link to Street/Place
kate abi
Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 22:12.
does any one remember lowe street before all the houses were demolished?my mum lived there,with her mother and father,annie and joe doyle along with her seven siblings.she has many happy memories of playin at the brook culvert,and had many friends from the street and others surrounding.thanks.Link to Street/Place
mag1
Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 13:59.
The Tyson family lived at No 2 Factory Row in 1911. Later demolished to make way for entrance to works.Link to Street/Place
~*Louise*~
Sat, 12 Jan 2013, 4:07.
Does anybody have any more info on the Baldwin who the street is named after? Or where the coal pit was situated?Link to Street/Place
~*Louise*~
Sat, 12 Jan 2013, 3:57.
Possibly named after of a local Land owner/coal pit proprietor. (Rigbye Baldwin Rigbye)Link to Street/Place
~*Louise*~
Sat, 12 Jan 2013, 3:55.
Seems to be named after the maiden name of the Wife/Mother (Sarah Hamer) of a local Land owner/coal pit proprietor. (Rigbye Baldwin Rigbye)Link to Street/Place
deedee222
Fri, 26 Oct 2012, 21:26.
this is where i was born no 11 ross st at the end of the street across recreation st was nanny goat park Link to Street/Place
RATTY
Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 21:54.
Gin Lane (or Engine Lane) after the the Newcomen Steam Engine which was located on Croppers Hill Link to Street/Place

<< < 1 [2] 3 4 > >>