Pubs Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing Pubs Comments

DJGAZZA
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 14:20.
The only pub I was refused to be served, mind you I was only 16 lol
Link to Pub
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 11:12.
One of the few pubs in town that I didn't try in my teens. I think I started walking in once and then walked out backwards when I saw that the customer base was largely mac-wearing middle-aged-to-elderly hardened drinkers. :-)Link to Pub
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 10:51.
It's true about that bar. I remember the bare floorboards too. It was dinner time. I think I was fifteen and from school we'd spent the morning at the tech. My mate said that he'd heard that it was easy to be served in the Angel, so we took off our ties and wandered in. It was a proper spit'n'sawdust place. Just a couple of old fellas standing by themselves - looking as though they were in some kind of purgatory and an equally cheerful old bloke behind the bar - who obviously couldn't care less how old we were. I think I had a pint of bitter. The fact that it was so easy to be served didn't encourage me to go back. :-)Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:54.
This was my local when we lived in Ilfracombe R'd.Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:52.
Used to go here every lunchtime,me mate would have 4 pints and 4 Castellas.Link to Pub
gypsygeoff
Thu, 20 Aug 2009, 1:40.
First pub I ever got served in, age 16.Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 11:57.
Ann also worked behind the bar for her daughter when she had Arkie's in the 80'sLink to Pub
shel
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 8:13.
1881 & 1891 Census 'Little Pig' Publican William Almond
Link to Pub
gilly
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 6:11.
In recent years(70's)the Ramford was run by Ann Ross.Ann was exceptional in that she only had 1 hand.S he could serve up to several people at a time and never spill a dropLink to Pub
gilly
Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 6:08.
Ricky also owned The Ramford and The FurnacemansLink to Pub
shel
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 20:58.
Fantastic to see the old name still on the building. It was listed on the 1901 Census as 'The Little Pig' . Link to Pub
DJGAZZA
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 18:34.
Was at one spell owned by Ricky who used to have the RedLion in Robins Lane and now has the White House in Sutton RoadLink to Pub
DJGAZZA
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 18:32.
Was owned by Mr and Mrs Ackery whose daughter Diane was in my class at Robins Lane Infants and Juniors

Gazza
Link to Pub
gilly
Tue, 18 Aug 2009, 14:11.
This pub was actually attatched to Greenalls brewery,corner of Hall st and Church st.Demolished when Hardshaw centre was builtLink to Pub
gilly