General Photos Comments - St Helens Connect

Showing General Photos Comments

Callander
Thu, 22 Jun 2017, 16:30.
Recognise some of my classmates from Windlehurst Primary days - Stan Crosby, Eric Hale, Alan UNsworth, Geoffrey Skelland and my close friend Roger Clarke.Link to Photo
Callander
Thu, 22 Jun 2017, 16:13.
Two years after me but remember Mike Beddow who was an oustanding sportsman playing cricket for Lancashire and rugby league at Knowsley Road then at Oldham. He was previously at Windleshaw Primary School who we played (WIndlehurst) unsuccessfully at cricket and football, mainly because of Mike. George Bridge was also at Windlehust and a good sportsman. Remember also Billy French who played scrum half.Link to Photo
Zeta
Mon, 10 Apr 2017, 15:42.
Yes I did mean this photoLink to Photo
Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 23:19.
Did you mean this picture?

Linked to Eccleston Hall Colliery

Zeta
Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 16:42.
I have seen a photo of a group of gentlemen imposed on this map ,how do I find it on this site .
I think it is the final auction of the colliery equipment in 1910 , can anyone give me information please .
Tue, 15 Nov 2016, 15:18.
@ jwood60

It was demolished and rebuilt and integrated into the Queen's Park Health and Fitness Centre.
jwood60
Sun, 30 Oct 2016, 21:57.
I used to swim for the county here,and have a flash back from when I was about 7/8 yrs old,that one of the school bullies pushed me in the deep end of the pool,I couldn't swim properly,one of the lads that was there jumped in and saved my life,after that I soon learned to swim,got my bronze,silver,gold and life saving certificates here,I wish I could remember the young lads name that saved me that day,so I could thank him,I ended up being able to swim for my school,and the county,as well as many diving championships,is it still going,or is it like many other places in St Helens,been sent to the scrap heap and closed downLink to Photo
jwood60
Tue, 18 Oct 2016, 21:30.
did this used to be the school on Moss Bank,it certainly looks like itLink to Photo
jwood60
Tue, 18 Oct 2016, 20:22.
Oh how this theatre has changed over the years,I used to sing and dance here every year in the Girl Guides,Scouts,and Brownies Gala,also in the Xmas pantamine's ,I have a lot of fond memories of the old theatre,and just wonder if the inside and stage area has changed,just as much as the outside front has,I am very surprised that it is still standing,there was also a bus station at the rear of the building,don't know if that has moved or not,but I am talking from 1959 up until 1967/68Link to Photo
jwood60
Thu, 13 Oct 2016, 22:09.
@ Roger

when was this please,because my foster father William Brackley was the caretaker there when I went to school there from 1965 to 68 when the school closed down,I then went on to Rivington Road
Dicky D
Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:27.
The teacher centre front row is 'Pop Philips'.Link to Photo
vswift
Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:34.
It's Rookery Station on the St Helens to Rainford Junction lineLink to Photo
dotcomdan
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 1:39.
@ Brendan

You are a bit confused here Brendan, the Running Horses was at the bottom of Liverpool Road where it met Bridge Street and was in front of Windle Pilk School and next to the old Tyrers shop. I don\'t remember a pub in Raglan Street but maybe you are thinking of the Feathers on the corner of Eccleston Street and Westfield Street. There were a lot of streets between Raglan Street and Liverpool Road which also ran parallel
dotcomdan
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 1:23.
@ kevinjwebster

This picture is from 1970 and looking left to right the shops are , Wilsons, Stone Dri then Telefusion which was a Tv shop etc, then NewDay Furnishers further up was a small shop from a 1964 picture called St Helens Radio Store between Johnsons cleaners and Meesons near to Watkinsons jewellers
dotcomdan
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 0:30.
@ Bobby D

Looks like Terry Gore and his jazzmen, they played at the Springfield if I remember correctly

[1] 2 3 4 > >>