HORT

Wilkos - Sefton Corner

Does anyone know what all the road works are at the junction of Baldwin Street, Cotham Street, Ormskirk Street and Westfield Street?

The permanent traffic lights have been removed and temporary ones installed. The balustrades have been removed and there is loads of fencing put up.

I have not seen anything in the press.

Anyone any idea?

the traffic lights  in cotham st,on crossing used to catch drivers out when coming out of baldwin st into cotham st. Ive seen cars pull up if on red and buses nearly hitting them in rear. These are for cover out of westfield st so coming out of baldwin st lights you ignore those just round corner at crossing in cotham st..

Edited by non sibi sed omnibus

If buses hit them in rear then its bus drivers fault.

Agree but i dont think HORT you would be too happy getting a clout in your rear.

As an aside if anyone is coming down prescot rd .Just past the eccleston arms there is a set of lights before boundary road .Then another set just past boundary road.THIS ISNT A PELICAN CROSSING.I went normally through first set as it was changing to green.Then in the width of boundary road the crossing lights were still on red. I pulled up to stop but others were overtaking me and going through. HORT who was in wrong? 

Hitting the back of a stationary or slowing vehicle in front is your fault in almost all cases. Applies to bus drivers as well as everyone else.

But it still doesnt stop it happening.It was my observation of traffic,including not just buses,but cars,A & B taxis and slow moving or puzzled pedestrians .Perhaps we'll see filters, bus lanes, taxi lanes,cycle lanes criss crossing.that wonderful crossroads.Or maybe just stick the oldstyle bobby withhis arm signals like yesteryear to really cock up the whole place?

Why is the junction being changed at great cost to the tax payer?

The new influx of out of town shoppers with the Grrrreat news about the stores will mean the xroads will need to be redesigned. At least pedestfians wont have to juggle trying to miss buses, taxis,cars etc all coming at them from all directions. Not having seen the new rosd layout  it maybe anew  innovative design. Plus i wouldnt imagine too many residents are worried about cost to taxpayer cos they dont pay tax! as identified by the caring tory party.

There were traffic lights with pedestrian control to stop the traffic.

I do not believe this area was an issue.

I go every Friday and Saturday afternoons and have NEVER seen a pedestrian crossing problem.

In fact you can cross most of those roads without using the crossing light options.

The point i am making HORT is that as you go through the light in Baldwin st and it is on GREEN. The light just round the corner in Cotham st is on RED. Some drivers think they have to STOP. This is not the case as far as my road knowledge? You can go through these lights. Unfortunately whilst it is on RED the crossing lights are still on RED .But people can be confused about crossing.People ignore the RED dont cross and chance it every time. As well as JAYWALKERS who cross anywhere. You may have some sense but i bet youve nipped across to go into Wilkos?

Can BIG JEFF identify the specific rule for the light at the crossing. Which traffic is supposed to follow it. My belief is its there as another for traffic coming from Westfield st only  and has no bearing for traffic turning into Cotham st from Baldwin st?If its also to control Baldwin st traffic.Then its timing isnt correct? because you have no time to pull up as you just turn the corner.

Thats my only issue.

OOPS forgot about the prats who drive across the junction to try to get to the Car Parknear THE CHINESE BUFFET.and those who get confused by the route from Bickerstaffe st area? Buses and taxis only sign ignored.

I have even seen on a few occasions seen police stopped near ODs in Cotham st stopping cars! 

So come on HORT sort it all out?