kevin

Tough guy

Does anyone remember a lad called "Randy" back in the 60's. He used to lead a gang causing havoc around town.

Never heard of him.

What was the name of the gang?

He was a young black guy, don't know the name of his gang.

You mean Randy Wise, he used to live in Houghton Rd the last house before the 2 shops (veronicas) chip shop, his dad was a chimney sweep who had a Morris 1000 traveller, I think he gained the reputation of hard man because he was known to of used a knife, whether that qualifies for hard man is debateable.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2017 at 21:27, oaker said:

You mean Randy Wise, he used to live in Houghton Rd the last house before the 2 shops (veronicas) chip shop, his dad was a chimney sweep who had a Morris 1000 traveller, I think he gained the reputation of hard man because he was known to of used a knife, whether that qualifies for hard man is debateable.

Whatever happened to a good old fist fight, the type that ended there and then? Back in the day, if me and you had a problem we'd go outside, belt seven bells out of each other, and the winner would buy the loser a drink, end of problem. If we saw each other in the pub the week after, we'd probably nod to each other and say hello.

Now it's all knives and guns and fights go on forever, why can't modern youths just do what we did!