Sign in to follow this  
artyfarty

Reginald Wright mariage to Maud Hallam

artyfarty    325

I'm trying to find out if this man is a soldier who died just after WW1,I understand he may have married Maud Adams I 1916 in West Derby in particular his home address at the time,he was originally from The Holt,Rainhill area and worked as a solicitors clerk. Anyone help ?

jvy20    103

This marriage took place at St Luke The Evangelist, Walton on the Hill, West Derby

Phyll    1,593

and worked as a solicitors clerk. Anyone help ?

Having Googled your site, you seem to already have a lot of info. on this man, what else are you looking for?

I presume you already have this? His father was a Solicitor's Clerk, I don't think he was?

Baptism: 24 Aug 1892 St Mary the Virgin, Prescot, Lancashire, England

Reginald Wright - [Child] of Edmund Wright & Margaret Jane

Born: 15 Jul 1892

Abode: The Holt Rainhill

Baptised by: H. Mitchell

Register: Baptisms 1887 - 1895, Page 128, Entry 1023

Source: LDS Film 1657584

Edited by Phyll

jvy20    103

Further to Phyll's post.

1911 Census : Reginald aged 18 - Chemist's Apprentice - b Whiston - is living with his parents Edmund & Margaret Jane and siblings at Turnpike Road, Holt, Whiston Lancs

There is a death registered in 1919 of a Reginald Wright b 1893 in GRO Army Death Indices - died Hong Kong. No proof that he is your man,

artyfarty    325

Thanks to all who replied I know almost everything about him except where he was living when he enlisted or what address (if any) was on his marriage certificate.

RATTY    1,560

Could you be getting confused between two people, one who was born in Walton 1890 and one here in Prescot. Need to start at the beginning with what info there is that leads you to him Artyfarty

I can find info on Edward Reginald Gordon Wright from Walton parents James and Eliza and he was a seaman in the war

Then there is a Reginald Wright born Edge lane who is the only soldier I found he was born in 1895 and was in the Royal Warwick reg

Other than them no military Reg Wrights