John Donoughue b.abt. 1858 m Catherine Simm

Doris
    By Doris,
    I have extensive infromation about John Donoughue and Catherine Simm and their ancestors and descendants. If you think that you might be connected please get in touch I would be glad to share information.   John Donoughue (Patrick1)4 was born Abt. 1858 in Dublin, Ireland, and died 1934 in St Helens, Lancashire. He married CATHERINE Simm 1880 in St Peter's, Parr, St Helens, Lancashire, daughter of JOSEPH Simm and Jane Ackers. She was born , 1861 in Dragon Row, Whiston, Lancs, and died 1929 in 1 Warrington Road,Whiston, Lancs.   The Simm(s) family were watchmakers and market gardeners.   Variant spellings for Donoughue = Donoghue/Donohue Thank you   Doris  

Eleanor 'Nellie' Roughley b. abt. 1883

Doris
    By Doris,
    This is what I know to date about my maternal grandmother Eleanor Roughley. I would be interested to hear from anyone who thinks they may be a descendant.   1. George1 Roughley was born Belfast, Ireland Abt. 1862 and died Bef. 1901. He married Mary Bennett 1883. She was born Abt. 1864 in Liverpool, Lancashire, and died Aft. 1925. In 1901 she was living in Widnes. She later married Elias Glassey and moved to St Helens.   Children of George Roughley and Mary are: 2 i. Edward2 Roughley. 3 ii. George Roughley. 4 iii. Mary? Roughley. + 5 iv. Eleanor Roughley, born Abt. 1884, in Toxteth Park, Liverpool. died January 17, 1963 in 13 Seath Avenue, Parr, St Helens, Lancashire. 6 v. Florence Roughley, born Abt. 1891 in Widnes, Lancashire. She married John J Holden. 7 vi. Amy Roughley, born Abt. 1893 in Widnes, Lancashire. 8 vii. Jed Roughley, born Abt. 1897 in Widnes, Lancashire. This could be Ted Roughley? 9 viii. James Roughley, born Abt. 1900. in Widnes, Lancashire     Generation No. 2   5. Eleanor2 Roughley (George1) was born Abt. 1884 in Toxteth Park, Liverpool, and died January 17, 1963 in 13 Seath Avenue, Parr, St Helens, Lancashire. She married (1) John Donoughue July 30, 1904 in St Thomas' Eccleston, St Helens, Lancashire, son of John Donoughue and CATHERINE Simm. He was born Abt. 1882 in Prescot, Lancs, and died 1941 in St Helens, Lancashire. She married (2) William Thomas McDermott Aft. 1941 in St Helens?. He was born Abt. 1876 in Unknown, and died February 1, 1947 in St Helens Lancashire.   I have other infromation about Eleanor's children from both relationships which I would be glad to share.   Thank you   Doris

Billinge History

Dave
    By Dave,
    A while back I found a good web site about Billinge. I contacted the owner and offered to make a PDF file out of the Word docs they had on the site. Anyway, I made one and they linked through to my site. I'd forgotten it was there, but I found it again today and moved it to the new server.   Billinge History   The URL for the site is in the doc.

tracing names

sthln
    By sthln,
    Monag/h/an, Friar,Glover,Ratcliff,Thither,Anders,Gaskel. Allthe above are belonging to the same family group begining with James(born1821)and Anne Monaghan both from Newcastle Upon Tyne and who moved to St Helens to work in the glass industry. They lived at 97 Napier st in the 1881 census.

Name Interests in St. Helens

SPrelusky
    By SPrelusky,
    I'm looking for anyone searching these Names in St. Helens, Lancashire, UK. BRADBURY, WILKINSON, HALSALL, PICKAVANCE, KEARSLEY, ARROWSMITH, DAVIES, BICKERSTAFF, LITHERLAND, PENKETH, LEYLAND, LEATHER, SCOTT, and BARR (Huyton with Roby)....etc. and anyone that married into the Bradbury line...possibly MITCHELL, TWIST, DAVIES, and TAYLOR. (I'm not too sure about some of these yet.) Happy hunting. Shelley (nee Mills) B.C. Canada SPrelusky@telus.net  

help on tracing names

Guest Jen
    By Guest Jen,
    My dad originally from Kent but lived in Sutton St Helens and Clock Face most of his life, has had a request to help an Uncle to trace his grandparents history. This is to help the uncle carry on his life long work on the family history. Any surgestions as to where to start would be very helpfull. My dad name is Dixon and grandparents were May and Pennington Thanks Jen

FAMILY SURNAMES

private person
    By private person,
    Name interests...   HOLDEN, HOLDING, ALCOCK, WHITTLE, NAYLOR, GARVEY, PICKAVANCE, CRITCHLEY, MANN, HARRISON, LOWE, MOLYNEUX, MURRAY, HUTTON, SMYTH , SEDDON, CRITCHLEY, PYE, and others.....   All from Sutton St Helens and just St Helens period. There is a 'distant cousin club' of us looking for information...all are in the UK cept for me....so if I don't know the others might know.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS