web site

jill
    By jill,
    I am having a go at making my own 'ickle site. I've just started it so it's still under consrtuction. It won't be very flashy, but I hope it will get the info across. The main St Helens families are Johnson,Collins, Cowley, but there are others all mainly from Lancashire. Please drop in at " groups.msn.com/jilliansgenealogy"

CLARKE FAMILY

Marie
    By Marie,
    I am looking for any infomation on my great great grandmother Margaret Clarke, born around 1850 in St.Helens. She married Peter Aspinall, then later married Peter Almond.

Parr and Pennington

bjthink
    By bjthink,
    I'm trying to track down any information on LILIAN (Lily) PARR, born April 26th 1905 at 56 or 58 Union Street, St Helens. She died in Preston on May 24th 1978 and is buried in St Helens. Her father was GEORGE, a glass-worker, born 1875. Her mother was SARAH, formerly PENNINGTON. At the time of the 1901 census there were two children in the family, Lily's siblings, who may have living relatives, and it's these I'm trying to trace. The children were JOHN PARR, born 1897, and ELIZABETH PARR born 1899. There may have been one or two others before LILIAN's birth. Has anyone got any information on any of this family?

Birch family

jill
    By jill,
    I have been tracing my family for a couple of years now, and managed to get back to the mid 18c for a few branches. My lastest "finds" are the Birch family from Rainford. My research has found George Birch, b jan 1751, married Alice Lyon 1782. 11 children incl George b 1787 marr Elizabeth had 5 children incl Catherine b 1816,marr James Cowley 1835, they had 6 children. This is where I leave the Birch's and follow the Cowleys, who left Rainford and moved to Sutton, where they ended up living in the old Convent House on Fennys Lane after the nuns moved out. The interesting thing about the Birch family is they were all clay pipe makers and owned or rented their own workshops. I found this in a very interesting book "Rainford Clay Pipe Industry" by Davey. As usual I found this chioce nugget just as I had to get home. If anyone has any interest in the Birch or Cowley families I will be pleased to share

1837 Census

splus
    By splus,
    Has anyone tried the following site?   www.1837online.com   Is it any good?

Churchyard Map

splus
    By splus,
    Does anyone know if graves in churchyards are mapped like those in St Helens Cemetery? I have a number of relatives buried at St Bartholemew's, Rainhill. I have found some graves but there are many in the churchyard with headstones that have fallen over and are so encrustd with lichens and moss tha tthey are impossible to read. I would love to know if any of them are my ancestors. I have seen from the microfiche that they are buried there but cannot find their graves. Therefore some of these overgrown ones must belong to them.

FOY/GORMAN

Margaret
    By Margaret,
    RICHARD FOY b 1816 IRELAND married MARGARET GORMAN b 1811 IRELAND. ############################################### Unfortunately I don't know where they in IRELAND they were born - can anyone help. Do you recognize these names. Would love to hear from you. B) B) B) In the 1841 census they were living in WINDLE with their two sons JAMES 4yrs. and JOHN 1yr.. Would appreciate any information. Regards with thanks Margaret NJ USA tootsfoyward@yahoo.com

my family tree

lisamelanie2
    By lisamelanie2,
    Hi all ! i am researching my family tree some names which are in my tree are SEDDON GLOVER GREENALL all from st helens area if anyone has any information please let me know pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee B) B)

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS