gilbert st

Guest andyr00
    By Guest andyr00,
    gilbert street is or i think was in a place that i'm not entirely sure of the correct pronunciation of but its something like prescot over eccleston and i am thinking it is what we know as west park or eccleston park now?

times past

Hugh
    By Hugh,
    how many of you can remember The Chemic and the stinking brook how about this I went to St Helens for my hollidays (School type) to, wait for it, RANFORD St and I enjoyed every min of it. You see I lived in southport all sand and sea so to go were there was all factory and waist tips was a new world to a young lad

St Annes Sutton

jill
    By jill,
    I've been to the St Helens Library today. When I'd sorted what I went for I did some family history ferriting. I found baptism records for St Annes in Sutton, 186something to about 1940. They say it's not new, as it's on their resource file but it was a brand new film and I found new info, so they may have replaced a missing film. I hope this helps someone. :king:

St Helens Paint Works

Dane
    By Dane,
    Could anyone tell me where the St Helens Paint Works was located?

Robert Metcalfe Turner of St.Helens

lightburn
    By lightburn,
    On the 1901 Census,Robert MetcalfeTurner,son of Robert Metcalfe and Margaret Turner,is lodging at 17,Ward Street,St.Helens,the home of John Smith and Ada Smith(formerly Turner and Aunt to Robert Metcalfe Turner). Robert M Metcalfe was 22 at the time. Question....Does any-one know who Robert Metcalfe Turner married and if he had any children please ?

Name Interests St Helens/Eccleston

I forget
    By I forget,
    Hello   Having had a look round and posted a couple of topics, thought I would put down my name interests for the record:   BRISCOE: moved to Haydich (Warrington?) post 1901 then onto St Helens 1904 (Hedley father of Joseph)   CUTTS: in St Helens 1901 Kate married Joseph Briscoe in 1904   TAYLOR: Lived in Prescot St Helens, previously in Eccleston (in or near St Helens)   DIXON, HAMILTON, MOUSDELL(DALE etc) : These families lived in Eccleston, Sutton or Prescot in St Helens, from at least 1860 onwards   Also I have an minor interest in the following (all connected to at least one of the families above) DINGSDALES (only in connection to WW1) FAIRCLOUGH Catherine, married John MOUSDELL some time before 1865 CALDWELL Catherine, married John HAMILTON some time before 1859 HASELETEN (or variant), Jane, married Thomas DIXON some time before 1852   I am hoping to locate these 1850/60's marriages with the help of the census returns at the FRC soon. (fingers crossed)   If anyone has any similar interests let me know. Thanks! B)

Market Street

Guest bobhill
    By Guest bobhill,
    Hello Some time ago I asked did anyone have 1851 census that covered Market Street St. Helens, we have looked at History library and the Hill family weren't there in 1851 ,must have moved there from Liverpool shortly after census was taken, because their Daughter Matilda Hill was born there in early 1852.   Doe's anyone have early photos of Market Street please ?     Regards   Bob Hill

What about this then?

splus
    By splus,
    I've been searching for William White, born 1853 in Rainford, (info from 1901 Census) for ages. According to the 1881 Census he doesn't exist in that incarnation. In desparation, tonight I have searched the 1881 for every town I could think of in Lancashire. I found this.     Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Henry WHITE Head M Male 72 Garstang, Lancashire, England Pauper Ann WHITE Wife O Female 67 Chorley, Lancashire, England Charwoman William WHITE Son U Male 28 Chorley, Lancashire, England Gen Lab Catherine O NEIL Boarder M Female 30 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Charwoman James O NEIL Grandson Male 15 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Cotton Creeler Francis O NEIL Grandson Male 9 Chorley, Lancashire, England Scholar     Source Information: Dwelling 35 Back Hollinshead St Census Place Chorley, Lancashire, England Family History Library Film 1342010   Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4218 / 85 Page Number 72     Is it him? Have I found him at last? There are no other William Whites for the same age anywhere.   If it is him, where does Rainford come into it?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS