Lancashire Records Office

jill
    By jill,
    Just got back from preston. Very productive day. Followed my Johnson family back from Parr, to Farnworth, then back to Liverpoolin 1756. The worrying thing is one of my ancestors married a Rigby, so I'm probably related to myself by marriage Found out about bastardy papers (useful if you find an illigitamate ancestor with no father named), and how to look up if a will has been proved. Found an ancestor in the Manchester directory in1839, a hairdresser, I was beginning to think he didn't really exist! I am now going to sort through it all to try to make sense of it.

TWISTS

RICHARD
    By RICHARD,
    HI I'm INTRESTED IN CONTACTING ANY TWISTS OUT THERE WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT BE RELATED

The Wagon

typin
    By typin,
    Hi anyone there, anyone with info on the "Wagon" public house in New Cross st 1905 to 1910 Licencee James Atkinson.   thanks

William Leigh and Elizabeth Laithwaite

lightburn
    By lightburn,
    [/b]1.On the 1881 Census,WILLIAM LEIGH (Railway Station Manager),is shown with his wife ELIZABETH living in Gartons Lane,Sutton,with the eldest child showing as Mary Jane,aged 8yrs.Elizabeth was 37yrs. at the time of the Census.   2.WILLIAM LEIGH died in 1888 and ELIZABETH LEIGH(widow),married my GREAT GREAT Grandfather,William Turner in 1898.She was 54yrs. of age. On her marriage certificate she shows her father as Thomas Laithwaite(deceased),and I am presuming that at the time of her marriage to William Leigh,that would have been her maiden name.     REQUEST PLEASE I have tried every available source to find the Wedding Details of William Leigh and Elizabeth...could someone please help me to find it....Thank-you, Derek

The Millhouse, Sutton

ciders
    By ciders,
    A friend of mine who works there has been to see a medium who told her a man had died in the pub and haunts the cellar, my friend is quite convinced by this medium as she described the exact lay out of the cellar area and a few of the staff have been locked in the cellar when on their own. Does anyone on here know of anyone who died there, customer or landlord, or any other history on the place?

GOLDSMITH

cally18
    By cally18,
    My family, the Goldsmiths, lived in St Helens from1875 until at least 1901, anyone with any interset please e mail me as there are some of them i have no info on apart from names.

The "Wagon" public house. 18 New Cross St

typin
    By typin,
    Any information regarding the "Wagon" public house which stood on the corner of New Cross st (No 18), especially information on the Atkinson family circa 1900 plus or minus 10yrs.

St Anne's Church.

oaker
    By oaker,
    Wendy, was looking for these pics on the small ad's place when i first joined, it may be a bit late, but i'll put them on anyway. This is the now demolished old St Annes church, Sutton,

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS