LARGE

Marie
    By Marie,
    I am looking for any information on Gabriel Large. His parents were Thomas & Margaret I think. I have found them on the 1881 census, but nothing to confirm I definitely have the right people. Gabriel is listed on 1901 census as being 1 year old.

1841 CENSUS

jill
    By jill,
    Someone was asking how ages were recorded on the '41 census. Well anyone over 15 was rounded down to the nearest 5 year multple. So someone recorded as 30 could be between 30 - 34

Tythe Maps

Mickp
    By Mickp,
    Since nobody apeared to know much about workhouse records. Has anybody had any luck with the local tythe maps as a source of information, assuming they exist?   In fact has anybody found any out-of-the-ordinary useful sources of information pre-1837. I've raided parish registers, tythe books etc, militia lists for 1808 & 1812 but need some solid data to sort out the Phythians.   Ta   Mick

Help for a new user

Jan Molbys Left Foot
    By Jan Molbys Left Foot,
    Hi   I am hoping somebody can help me out. I am looking for information on the Holmes Family who moved to St.Helens in the late 1800'S from Kilkenny City, Ireland.   Father Joseph Holmes Mother Doretha Holmes Sons Micheal and Joseph Daughter Doretha   I have there location from the 1901 Census as 66 Tontine Street. Can anyone shed any light as where they lived when initially moving to England?   Cheers   Kev

Help!!!

Chris
    By Chris,
    Hi Everyone I am descended from William Helm who came to St. Helens in the late 1860's from Garstang near Preston (presumably because there was work at the glassworks). I have managed to trace the Helm family back to 1760 and have all dates of birth, death etc. but I am missing the 1871 census return. I have the family in 1881 living in Appleton Street, East Sutton, St. Helens. In 1891 the family are living in Ramford Street, St. Helens and are still there in 1901 (my Grandad was born in Ramford Street). I have found John Helm in Slaters trade directory in 1895 also in Ramford St. I have tried tracing the family in 1871 but have found it difficult to find the time to look through the records properly. Has anyone found this family in the 1871 census? or if you are looking through the 1871 records you come across this family will you please let me know? I would love to find them so I know where they are. Chris

Aussies need help!

Lyn
    By Lyn,
    Had an e-mail from a Roberts family in Oz.   They are looking for William Roberts. They think he may have been the first councillor of St Helens...   Later a William Roberts emigrated to Oz, was it him or his son William?   Sorry no dates given. Can anyone help ??   Lyn.

PULLAR

margaret2r
    By margaret2r,
    Looking for Ellen Pullar or anyone with the name Puller. Maybe originally from Scotland

1871 Census for Eccleston, St. Helens

Tedtoole
    By Tedtoole,
    When the TOOLE's came to the States in 1874 there were Edward (father), Mary (mother), Patrick (son), Owen (son), Bridget (daughter), Edward (son) on the 1871 census on 17 Mount Street, Eccleston, there was also a Daughter Mary, 4 months old. Mary did not come to the states with them. I can not find her in the BMD. I have not been able to find out a church for them in that area. If any one is interested There is a Thomas DOLAN, border unmarried, 34 yrs old. a laborer chemicials, living with the TOOLE's in the 1871 census. Yours, Ed. O'Toole

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS