RC +CofE

Hugh
    By Hugh,
    My mother told me a tale about my granddad Michael Hogan. at the time he was living in Sutton and helped a Catholic Prist, the date would be around 1856 to 1866. The priest was very friendly with a minister from the Church of England and thay met almost every day, thay decided to be burred together, considering the date and the Catholic church at that time,if it happened it would have been unusal to say the least. the church was in Sutton and possible St Ann's Can any one shed any light on this Hugh

Coxheads Haulage

kwikksilva
    By kwikksilva,
    Does anyone have any old photographs which related to what used to be Coxheads haulage yard and offices in Boundary Road/Cresswell Street. We now use the building as a retail outlet, but are desperate to find photos of how it used to be, so that we can use them to decorate the interior of the building.............we think it would be a nice touch - then and now

ARNOLD

adriesa
    By adriesa,
    Hi Dave, It's Anne from Australia After 3 years, I have finally made the connection to Sue's ARNOLD family I am indeed related, SAMUEL ARNOLD of ECCLESTON was my ggrandfather HENRY ARNOLD's father. I am posting here, just in case my detailed email to you doesn't arrive. Kind regards, Anne

McDonnell / McDonell / McDonald

Jan Molbys Left Foot
    By Jan Molbys Left Foot,
    Hello all,   Bit of a shot in the dark here but there may be someone out there who could help.   My GGG Grandfather Joseph M McDonell was born in 1852 in Manchester (I think? Possible match for birth certificate 1852 Q2, vol 8D, page 177.) and I haven't got a clue where to look for him! He married Margaret Alderson and moved to Liverpool. His occupation was as a French Polisher.   The situation is further confused by the fact that the family name changes from McDonnell (1877 birth certificate of son Thomas James McDonnell) to McDonell (1891 Census - family living in Liverpool) to McDonald (1899 - marriage certificate of Thomas James at Parish Church, St.Helens). Confused? I am!!!!   As the family name appears to have changed a number of times it has taken me ages just to get to this point! I would be grateful for any help or advice anyone could give. Thanks, and I mean this sincerely, if you can help.   Kev

1881 Census

Carolyn
    By Carolyn,
    OK, I've searched this forum and found nothing - has anyone else noticed that ST Helens doesn't appear to be on the list of options on the LDS 1881 census website?   It appears to have been left out   Any ideas which district or town I should be searching under?

Old Market Hall,St.Helens

lightburn
    By lightburn,
    Has any-one,by chance,got any old pictures of the interior of the old in-door St.Helens Market.I am particularly looking for the Butchers'stalls of either Turners or Pye,in about 1945 to 1960. They were my Grandparents. Many thanks,Derek. :rover: :rover: :rover:

TITHER Joseph b 1822

heritt
    By heritt,
    Whereabouts sought 1841-1849         Contents of blank file named 'whereabouts_sought_11841_1849' removed

DODD and PRICE

hartington
    By hartington,
    I am looking for any information on John and Jane Dodd,they moved to St Helens from Neston,Also Thomas and Sarah Price.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS