PIERPOINT SURNAME

Marie
    By Marie,
    I am looking for any information on my great great grandmother ELIZA PIERPOINT. She was born in 1816 in St.Helens. She married JOHN WELSH in 1855. I wondered if anyone else has come across this surname as it seems a bit unusual, and I also believe the name is connected to a famous hangman.

Family history

winnie
    By winnie,
    Looking for the mother and father of Samuel Kilshaw, And his wifes maiden name her name was alice she was born in Leigh, Lancashire. Any info welcome Kerrie

Family from Ireland

winnie
    By winnie,
    Hi All.. Hoping some one can help me, My gg grandfather owned a greengrocers shop somewhere near or in Morley street, St Helens. Can any one tell me the where abouts of this shop, His name was Henry Kells. Any help will be very helpful.. Kerrie

Jane WILD nee HOLDEN 1867-1916 St Helens

private person
    By private person,
    JANE WILD nee HOLDEN   Daughter of JOHN HOLDEN and ELLEN ASHTON........John Holden son of William and Mary Holden nee Whittle.....John is brother to my G-g-grandfather James Holden.   Jane Holden married a Charles WILD Postman, 21st of Dec.1895.   Known child John Wild........might be other children born....no idea at this time .   1901 UK CENSUS   Piece 3527 Folio 89 Census place : St Helens Lancs England   Name JANE WILD 34 1867 BR Lancs St Helens census place St Helens Lancashire   JOHN WILD 3 1898 Lancs St Helens St Helens Lancashire   Having found Jane and son John through the 1901 UK census decoder program and not seen the census page do not know if Jane is a widow at this census time.     Jane is buried in St Helens Cemetery owner of grave is Joseph Holden her brother.   6/573 20 JUN 1900 HOLDEN ELIZABETH AGE 35 BR 1865 [2ND WIFE MAIDEN NAME CULTON] 28 JUL 1889 HOLDEN ELLEN AGE 25 BR 1864 [1ST WIFE] 24 MAR 1938 HOLDEN JOSEPH AGE 75 BR 1863 30 MAR 1907 CUNLIFFE ELIZABETH AGE 50 BR 1857/58 16 MAR 1916 WILD JANE AGE 49 BR 1867 ***************   [Elizabeth Cunliffe is sister to Jane and Joseph Holden]   Would like to know what happen to son John Wild if possible as he is the only child I know she had.   SLC

RIGBY / HOLDEN /CRITCHLEY

private person
    By private person,
    I realize St Helens is not going to be the right area where I should post this info BUT both Alfred RIGBY and JANE ELIZABETH HOLDEN were living in St Helens when they got married and Jane was br in St Helens so I am posting it anyways incase someone comes looking for their information especially Jane RIGBY nee HOLDEN's.   Not forgetting JOSEPH RIGBY and his son ALFRED RIGBY from Eccleston and HENRY CRITCHLEY Janes father.   MARRIAGE of ALFRED RIGBY to JANE ELIZABETH HOLDEN   Christ Church 25-12-1871   Jane E Holden age 22 sp Father Henry Critchley Eccleston Alfred M F Rigby age 27 moulder Father Joseph Rigby Moulder Eccleston   Alfred was br in Lyons France in 1846.....Thats all I know about the man cept he was in the pottery line of work....evidently this line of RIGBY's were pottery people being that Joseph Rigby was a moulder as was Alfred in the 1870's.   Jane Elizabeth Holden was br in Nov of 1850 to Jane HOLDEN and HENRY CRITCHLEY. Her mother died 17 days after she was br. Jane was raised by her grandparents..MOSES HOLDEN and wife MARGARET nee CRITCHLEY. [don't ask me.... I don't know if Henry and Margaret were related in some way ]   Baptism   17-11-1850 Jane Elizabeth .....Henry Critchley, Joiner, Windle ..... Jane Holden Sutton   As you can tell from her marriage info above her parents were not married.   Moses was a Grocer in the 1851 census and a Provis haulier in 1861 census...they lived Factory Row Ravenhead.... Moses was son of John Holden and Elizabeth Holden nee Alcock.   In the 1881 UK census we found them living in Burslem Stafford England   1881 UK Census Dwelling: 21 Howard Street Census Place: Burslem, Stafford, England Source: FHL Film 1341650 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2713 Folio 46 Page 42   Alfred M. RIGBY M 35 M Lyons (B S), France Rel: Head Occ: Potter Jane E. RIGBY M 30 F Lancashire, England Rel: Wife Frederick RIGBY 5 M Burslem, Stafford, England Rel: Son Occ: Scholar   there might have been other children br to them befor Frederick as he was br in 1876 and Alfred and Jane were married in 1871....... we really haven't explored their time in St Helens to see if any children were br and baptized and died there befor they went to live in Burslem...   Do not have their info for 1891 UK census.... would imagine they lived in Burslem as all the children were br there. Last child Edna in 1888   1901 UK Census has the following ..[don't have a address in Burslem at this time as I used the 1901 UK census decoder program ]   Piece RG13/2593 Folio 152 Alfred RIGBY Age 55 YR br 1846 Where br France British Subject Census Place Burslem County Staffordshire Occupation Potters Mould Maker     Jane RIGBY 50 1851 St Helens Lancs Burslem Staffordshire   Frederick RIGBY 25 1876 Burslem Staffs Burslem Staffordshire Potters Mouldmaker   Maud RIGBY 19 1882 Burslem Staffs Burslem Staffordshire Gilder & Decorator Paint   William RIGBY 17 1884 Burslem Staffs Burslem Staffordshire Mould Maker   Harriett RIGBY 14 1887 Burslem Staffs Burslem Staffordshire Gilder | & Decorator Paint   Edna RIGBY 13 1888 Burslem Staffs Burslem Staffordshire   I have posted their info to various boards including the Stafford ones   So if anyone is looking for these peoples info some of it is here and began in St Helens.   We known no more about them but can provide info on Jane's HOLDEN line....   SLC

SEPHTON

winnie
    By winnie,
    Hi All... Can anyone help me, I'm looking for the father and mother of Joseph Sephton, As far as i know he lived in greenfield rd in 1881, Any info would be very gratefully received.... kerrie

Wm & AGNES REDCLIFFE nee LOWE m 1894

private person
    By private person,
    Have new surname and family from 1901 UK census finding....   Agnes LOWE daughter of WM. LOWE and MARY ELLEN nee HOLDEN Br 1878 St Helens   Her mother was my G-g-grandfathers sister...   Agnes married Wm Redcliffe at St Thomas CofE Eccleston 15 of September 1894   Wm Redcliffe was the son of George Redcliffe   This was all the info I had on her till I was fooling around with the 1901 UK Census decoder and stuck in surnames I had....   I found them living with her aunt Catherine Gee nee Holden and her Husband Wm... Catherine was her mothers sister....     William REDCLIFFE 25 1876 br Lanc St Helens Glass Works Labourer   Agnes REDCLIFFE 23 1878 br Lanc St Helens   Elizabeth REDCLIFFE 5 1896 br Lanc St Helens   William REDCLIFFE 3 1898 br Lanc St Helens   George REDCLIFFE 1 1900 br Lanc St Helens   Anyone doing Redcliffe and has this family ?   We have the Holdens back to 1760 and much info on the family down the lines. If anyone is looking or connected to this family.   SLC

McCarthy Family-Burtonwood

AnnD
    By AnnD,
    Looking for any information on McCarthy family.   Joy Lane Cottage-Burtonwood Thomas McCarthy-42-coalminer-born Ireland Catherine McCarthy-42-born Prescot(trying to find maiden name) Children- Winifred,Margaret,Charles,Mary,Thomas,Annie,Beatrice.They were all born in Burtonwood,apart from Winifred who was born in Haydock. This information taken from 1901 census. On 1891 census they were living in Lumber Lane,Burtonwood. Unable to get a birth certificate for Annie(my grandmother)as I am told at the registrars in Wigan and St.Helens that nothing is recorded there.Also History Office in Wigan unable to find her on GRO index.   Some kind person went to St.Helens cemetery and found the following information for me: Sect.32,No 218,grave owner Mr Thomas McCarthy   Burial Date Name Age 28/09/1916 McCarthy Catherine 57 16/09/1919 McCarthy,Jean Catherine 17 days 16/09/1919 McCarthy,Harry 6 days 06/04/1929 McCarthy 75   I would be interested to know who were the parents of the two babies and also was this Thomas McCarthy who was buried in 1929.   If anyone can help in any way I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS