St helens cemetry records

billb
    By billb,
    Trying to trace burial records for Ralph Boardman who lived in Windle ( Windle Smythies to be exact) but died sometime between 1851 and 1861. Maybe a possibility that he was buried in local cemetry. Can anyone tell me if burials in St Helens cemetry near Windle go back that far ? If they do, are there any records available in some location to assist in the search ? Any help from whatever source would be greatly appreciated Many Thanks in advance

WILLIAMSON / GERRARD

jwi45
    By jwi45,
    WILLIAMSON - Joseph married Ellen Gerrard Christ Church Eccleston 1872. They had 12 children (that I know of). Am hoping there will be some descendants out there that may have photos or any other info. thanks.

JAMES JOHNSON GREEN

judyguest
    By judyguest,
    I am tracing my family tree and just found out I had an uncle called James Johnson Green dob 05/02/1909 died 1997, His parents were James and Martha Green from 3 Grosvenor Road. My father ws Frederick Baxter Green born 05/11/1920 and died in 22/04/1976. My uncle was never mentioned so can anyone help. I have tried to get his death cert but the GRO will not supply as only have register number a40c and entry number 131 and apparently I need vol and page. As both my parents are deceased I would like to sort out this piece of the jigsaw and may also find I have living relatives. Any ideas!!

Who Remembers

halj
    By halj,
    Just doing a spot of de-cluttering when I found a copy of the Clarendon Chronicle. I used to have most of them but this one is headed the last "Chron". It is dated August 1989. The editor was Dave Ellis and is full of interesting articles about the folk of Gerrards Bridge. Rather than throw it away if anyone is interested in it please contact me.

Lancashire Militia

jill
    By jill,
    I thought these names I found on a Lancashire militia roll may be of interest.   George Parr of Windle, nailor, age 20 enlisted 12 Aug 1779, no 306. In the notes column it says "age given as 20" Perhaps there was some doubt?   John Twist of St Hellons(sic), paviour,age 24, enlisted 10 Aug 1779, no 293

Joseph and Mary Ellen Chisnall nee Stringer famil

private person
    By private person,
    Have found 2 more daughters for Joseph and Mary Ellen Chisnall nee Stringer   Lowe House Parish records   Margaret Chisnall. Born 30th March 1910. Baptised 16th April 1910. No God Father, God mother was Margaret Chisnall. Married on 7th September 1946 John Sydney Hankin at St Mary’s Lowe House. Witnessed by James Maloney and Mary Atherton.     Mary Chisnall. Born 8th January 1917. Baptised 28th January 1917. No God Father God mothers were Beatrix Begley and Margaret Rigby. Married on 6th July 1940 Abraham Atherton at St Mary’s Lowe House. Witnessed by George Chisnall and Margaret Chisnall.

Prior to cheap electronic calculators

Alan
    By Alan,
    Who remembers Ready Reckoners where you could look up the cost of, for example, two dozen articles at nine shillings and sixpence ha'penny each?

Winter warmers

Alan
    By Alan,
    Best made with an empty Tate and Lyle treacle tin. Punch holes all over it. Attach a length of wire. Put some rags inside, light them so they smoulder and swing it around your head until the rags temporarilly catch fire and then warm your hands on it. We knew how to live! Bush-skills before they became fashionable on telly

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS