CRITCHLEY/STANDISH marr cert

val
    By val,
    An unwanted marr cert is being offered on LANCSGEN mailing list -   29 August 1852. William CRITCHLEY, 21, farmer of Eccleston, son of William CRITCHLEY, farmer, to Ann STANDISH of Eccleston, 20, sp, dau of John STANDISH, farmer, witnesses James CRITCHLEY and Ann NAYLOR.   contact rosalind.paterson@ntlworld.com

Bri-nylon shirts

Alan
    By Alan,
    Non-iron. Disappeared unlamented by the seventies. Cold in winter and clammy in summer but worst of all, a magnet for under-arm sweat.

Down the Locks

daveshome
    By daveshome,
    When we was Kids and collecting Bonfire wood we would go to the old Double Locks just down the canal from Pocket Nook St, there all the wood that had fallen into the canal got caught because the lock gates had been taken out except one and that was the first one on the upstream section.   Just at the side was Forsters Glass and they used a field that the old Globe Colliery used to be on and the whole field was called the Globe, the Pub in Standish Street was also named after it.   On this field Forsters used to have all the Box's stacked, the Box's came in to the factory from the wood yards that made the box's and has they needed them they would pack them with bottles and send them out on wagons the most popular that I can remember was Guinness, Mackison, Bass, Coca-Cola, Kerr's Tizer and of course Greenhall Whitley.   We would take has many of these box's has we could too, and old pallets that we could find along with all the wood that we could take out from the old locks, I do remember that after an hour or two down the old locks most of us was in need of repair from Sister Duffy at the Providence Hospital.   I found these two photos a while ago and it brought back many old friends and memories, hope you can find a few too!   Daveshome.

HYLAND

kelley2004
    By kelley2004,
    Can anyone help me? I'm looking for any information at all. I'm hitting brick walls where ever I go. Alls I know is that the family was brought up on Upland Road. Parents was Eric Hyland and Kathleen/Katherine Hyland (nee eaves)

How much to terminus

daveshome
    By daveshome,
    How much to terminus.   I found a couple of pictures that I thought might pull a memory string, specially for those from overseas, hope you enjoy them.   Daveshome.

Does Anyone remember this

daveshome
    By daveshome,
    A bit Ghostly   I got this today off my brother in Newcastle, he asked if I had seen it and I hadn't......but that Co-op looks very familiar. Does anyone know anything about it.   Daveshome.

Can anyone tell me

daveshome
    By daveshome,
    Can anyone place this swing bridge over the St Helens Canal...?   Daveshome.

FORSHAW

Wrighty
    By Wrighty,
    My Gt Gt Grandfather Joseph Forshaw was born Ashton in Makerfield about 1823   His brother William was born Ashton about 1829 and his brother Thomas was born Sutton about 1809.   Their father was called John and was listed as a Wheelwright on Josephs marriage cert. in 1843   Thomas was living in Crosby 1841 1851 Joseph and William were in Crosby in 1851   Is Ashton or Sutton in the St. Helens area ? If so can anyone suggest places to search for Baptisms etc. Joseph was married in a Roman Catholic Church in Crosby.   Margaret.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS